Vintage chainsaw??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bendgirl

Reaction score
I was searching for information on an old chainsaw and came upon your site and messages posted on some BBS dated 2001 I believe. So hopefully . . 6 years later . . . you can provide me some info on this saw. I have attached 2 pics of the saw. It is MorWood brand with a Strunk engine. The serial number is 000104. I don't know much else than what's on it. We're looking for value as we probably want to sell it. I think it does fire up and the chain moves.

Thank you for taking the time to respond. Any suggestions would be most appreciated as well!

Saw info:

I was searching for information on an old chainsaw and came upon your site and messages posted on some BBS dated 2001 I believe. So hopefully . . 6 years later . . . you can provide me some info on this saw. I have attached 2 pics of the saw. It is MorWood brand with a Strunk engine. The serial number is 000104. I don't know much else than what's on it. We're looking for value as we probably want to sell it. I think it does fire up and the chain moves.

Thank you for taking the time to respond. Any suggestions would be most appreciated as well!

Hello Bendgirl: The saw you have pictured appears to be a Lombard model 35 gear drive. Check out this link, you should be able to find it under the Lancaster listings. http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...d8d083a8d741e3db88256c9b00780d89?OpenDocument

Actrally here is the line for the Lombard 35 saw; http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...1ed81571e9ca2c0a88256c970057b2b1?OpenDocument

Hope this helps you. You take care. Lewis Brander.

I recently inherited a 1959 Stihl Contra Lightning from my dad. I don't know much about chain saws and would appreciate any help on how to sell it and how much it is worth. My dad is a mechanic and says the saw is in very good condition and runs great! Hopefully I will have time tomorrow to post some pics of it. thanks for your help

Hello, I'm sending you an email. Lewis.

Too Late?

This saw is indeed a Strunk, may be More Wood, Speed Kut, or perhaps some other model manufactured by Strunk - Coatesville, PA. I have a Shur Kut which is a smaller displacement saw with a gear reduction unit. Your saw is missing a few parts, sheet metal cover over the cylinder, cast aluminum cover over the spark plug, and the cover over the clutch. Go to Chain Saw Collectors Corner and look up Strunk and you will find both the Morewood and Speed Kut listed, same basic saw.

Your Right!!!

This saw is indeed a Strunk, may be More Wood, Speed Kut, or perhaps some other model manufactured by Strunk - Coatesville, PA. I have a Shur Kut which is a smaller displacement saw with a gear reduction unit. Your saw is missing a few parts, sheet metal cover over the cylinder, cast aluminum cover over the spark plug, and the cover over the clutch. Go to Chain Saw Collectors Corner and look up Strunk and you will find both the Morewood and Speed Kut listed, same basic saw.

Hello heimannm. Haven't been back here in awhile, but you are right in this saw being a Strunk. Take care. Lewis.

Back