• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Vintage Homelite Super XL

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JB Weld

If it aint broke, it aint mine!
Reaction score
I have a barn find (literally)....
Vintage Homelite Chainsaw
It is a Super XL

This saw is ready for your tender loving restoration.
(i.e. it does not crank.)
It looks to be all original and all there.
Gas tank is not rusted.
The bar is a vintage 18" Oregon.

Price is $45 + the ride
I will trade on this. I am looking for a pair of chaps, dogs for a Stihl 361, 20" bar cover, hatchet or small ax, a pickeroon/hookaroon, blacksmithing stuff, who knows what I might trade for???
If you are local to central AR, I will trade for ammo, primers, brass, and lead.

Shoot me a PM if you are interested.

2015-07-03 10.55.54.jpg
2015-07-03 10.56.24.jpg

Could you get some more pics? When you say it wont crank, is it set up? Or is the recoil stuck? does it have spark? I have a never used set of Baileys chaps and a set of dual 361 spikes with roller catch. I would be interested in trading one or the other not both. Thanks

I do not know why she is jammed up. All I have done to her is wipe off the grime. I got her from a buddy of mine in a trade deal (with a bunch of other stuff). I am no collector, but I knew someone would want her. I would suspect that the cylinder is just gummed up from sitting in the barn all these years (literally). It was his fathers saw and he said it had not been used in many, many years.

nnero, I sent you a PM

Pull the recoil and see if a bolt or some other object is jammed behind the flywheel. I bought one once and fired it up, it ran great for 4 seconds and literally came to a screeching stop, pulled out the wedged bolt and it was good to go.

Back