Walbro carb. kits

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brian VT

Brian VT

Addicted to ArboristSite
I'm going to put a kit in a WT-194. The dealer didn't have the K20-WAT kit specified. He gave me a K10-WAT kit and said it should work.
Before I tear this package open...do you know if the correct parts will be in this kit ? He seemed knowledgeable but I trust you guys more. ;)

Brian VT

Brian VT

Addicted to ArboristSite
The Walbro site specifies the K20-WAT kit for this carb. and a search on their site for K10-WAT turns up nothing (even though their name is on the package that I have). That's why I came here and asked.

roncoinc

roncoinc

Official Stihl Disser
I'm going to put a kit in a WT-194. The dealer didn't have the K20-WAT kit specified. He gave me a K10-WAT kit and said it should work.
Before I tear this package open...do you know if the correct parts will be in this kit ? He seemed knowledgeable but I trust you guys more. ;)

It will have everything you need,basically it is a gasket kit,and cheaper.

WalbroServiceManual.pdf - DivShare

Brian VT

Brian VT

Addicted to ArboristSite
It has Welch plugs, spring, lever, needle, etc.
I guess I'll just tear it open. If it's wrong I guess I'll probably have a use for it some day.
I just hate starting into something and then having to stop due to wrong parts.

RES

ArboristSite Operative
If you notice from the W-194 description I sent you, the W-194 uses a K20-WAT repair kit and a D10-WAT gasket kit. On some WT carburetors they specify a K10-WAT repair kit and a D10-WAT gasket kit. My guess is that the gaskets are the same in the K20-WAT kit and the K10-WAT kit but some of the other repair parts may not work on the W-194 if you take them from the K20-WAT kit. Just a guess, so be careful when you select the repair parts

DG2244

DG2244

ArboristSite Operative
It will work. The biggest difference I could see in the kits is the pump diaphragms you would use. The K10 has a blue plastic pump, but the K20 has the brown woven and black rubber pumps. I've used both kits with no problem. K-10 kit fits the older 026 carburetors (WT-22C).

Last edited:
Warped5

Warped5

WingNut

I did read the whole thread before this post, so I'll discard everything that has already been said ...

I'd find a new source for carb kits. The K10 and K20 are very commonly used and a lack of inventory tells me a lack of attention to detail and inventory.

My source is a regional source, so I bypass all the OPE shops and go directly to them. Only once have they failed me ... in the previous 12 months they only sold 6 of the kit I needed, so they won't be re-ordered until the end of December ...

It isn't real common that a carb will require an entire rebuild, but I usually include the lever and needle. Maybe I just don't like to waste the hardware I paid for.

Brian VT

Brian VT

Addicted to ArboristSite
It will work. The biggest difference I could see in the kits is the pump diaphragms you would use. The K10 has a blue plastic pump, but the K20 has the brown woven and black rubber pumps. I've used both kits with no problem.
Yup. Blue pump in there. I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

Brian VT

Brian VT

Addicted to ArboristSite
I finally got around to tearing into it. The 1 needle in the kit isn't for this carb.
It has 4 pump diaphragms. 2 of them match the shape of the original. One is blue, one is black. The orig. was "clear".
Which one to use ?

Brian VT

Brian VT

Addicted to ArboristSite
Should I start a poll ? LOL

Also, when setting the metering lever, should it be ready to lift the needle immediately when touched ?
I have the spring end set flush with the bosses but the fork end doesn't lift the needle immediately. There's some play there.

Brian VT

Brian VT

Addicted to ArboristSite
Doh! I just realized that the black one isn't the same as the original. Wildcat blue it is.
Now...about that lever ?

Latest posts