walbro carburetor needle diaphragm adjustment

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i took it apart and sprayed out the needle seat again, there must have been a bit of something in there...
i found the old mans walbro metering actuator gauge and used it to set the actuator height..
i did a pressure test on the metering spring and i was popping off at 4 psi, way too low, so i stretched the spring just a bit at atime and retested a few times and got it where it pops off just a hair over 10 psi
put a vacuum on the fuel inlet and holds vacuum for at least 10 minutes with almost 0 change in reading , so im calling that good
i put a bit of hose at the top of the check valve just with my mouth it is definitely opening and closing properly..
pressure tested under water and no bubbles,
so the carb should be ready to go .
because i filed the bottom of the diaphragm and did not get it exactly the same height as the original walbro , could cause a lean condition so
i may have to come back later and raise the height of the actuator but that will have to wait for first start.
again...thank you guys for that awesome info..

ive always had a general idea of how these carbs work, bit i have always wondered what all the little passages and holes were called and what they did
in relation to all the other parts.. i was surprised to find out that some of these carbs have governors. and to find out that they have 3 jets not just 2..
MIND BLOWN on how sophisticated and elegant but simple these carbs actually are

1hander wrote:
MIND BLOWN on how sophisticated and elegant but simple these carbs actually are[/QUOTE]

It will twist your mind even more when you think you are a carb master repair guy and you encounter one of the simple ones that will defeat you.:surprised3::(:cry:;)

Latest posts

Back