Walbro Carburetors, Whats the difference?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cool515

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi, I have a question about Walbro carbs. Does anyone know the difference between the HDC-51A and HDC-51B? The HDC-51B is for Husqvarna 44/444. I am wondering what changed, to make an A and B and now HDC-51-1? sigh. Any help? I have looked all over the web already. The HDC-51A is pretty non-existent. It does exist however, I know. Any experts out there? Thanks ~D

The "A", "B", & "C" suffixes on the Walbros typically has to do with little individual custom lever attachments, port differences for the fuel line, purge ports, or impulse lines for a specific chainsaw. It will be unlikely that you will find any specific information on the differences?

Here is a reference for the first post . . .

http://wem.walbro.com/walbro/produc...m=HDC-51-1&GroupName=Saw&FamilyName=HUSQVARNA

Last edited:
Yes, yes...gathered that and thank you...

The "A", "B", & "C" suffixes on the Walbros typically has to do with little individual custom lever attachments, port differences for the fuel line, purge ports, or impulse lines for a specific chainsaw. It will be unlikely that you will find any specific information on the differences?

But, Im trying to figure out "what" that change was? Or to be precise. What will an HDC-51A fit on? I tried contacting Walbro but the link was bugged or gone?!?!
Thanks

ditto that on wishing Walbro had some details or at least an organized
and readily apparent database of venturi sizes
(for some reason resellers/people are bad to list the bore size as venturi diam).
Any type of adjusting screws
accelerator pump, internal choke, or bubbles, etc.

the number of off idle transition holes would just be extra nice to have.

I ordered some wt-628 at a price that return wasn't practical
and found out that although the Walbro site lists them as 11mm
they actually run closer to 8mm.

but the 1048 that showed up last week, looks to be an honest 13.5mm

Yeah the wem/front step site is handy.
but Walbro doesn't tell us any usefull configuration details on it.
and still no strait up listing for venturi sizes.
I've killed a lot of time crawling in the "pick a number" section.
You may accidentaly find a few carbs in the size your looking for
then you hit a bunch of mixed sizes with no apparent logic to the order.

I've had to look on model and RC craft sites to get an idea of where to best look
for something in the range I want.
**I had thought of posting those links before, but I'm uncertain if they would run afoul of competing parts vendors vs site sponsor rules.

Sometimes when someone posting here mentions a carb matter and gives the carb model
it's helpful for hunting something later.
That's why I wish we'd say it in this format:
"I have a XX-ZZZ carb from a YYY brand, QQQ model equipment.

Instead of just saying I've got a QQQ model with a carb issue
If you always listed the carb model then what it's on it would make searching the site work better and eventually create a database of some of the carbs.

This is just the way *my* brain works,
so that's why I'd personally like to see the carb listed first then the saw
or whatever it's being used on.

edit: I've seen a few lists by what venturi size,
then the details such as internal choke
or purge bulb, high and/or low speed needles, etc.
but it was on sites with their own advertising, thus my not posting them.

Last edited:
Back