Walbro Carburetors

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Butch1957

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Is it possible that on a Walbro Carb. with a new fully replaced carb kit that the carby can still be bad ? What is the simplest way to test the carb without buying the carb pressure testing kit which can be expensive ?

Any input Greatly Appreciated !

Could you explain what its doing? that would give some help.

Cleaning and kitting does nothing for purge body check valves or main nozzle check valve. Some cleaners can ruin what were good check valves prior to rebuilding. I've basically quit using any kind of carb cleaner on them and using just spray lubes which do clean pretty well and don't seem to hurt the check valves. This is true for Zama and Tillys as well.

lostone, I replaced the needle, all diaphrams & welch plugs on a Walbro WA carby that goes on a Poulan Trimmer. It just keeps flooding through the carby. I have the inlet needle seat to specification and keeps draining fluild. Older type carby may have had its days.

Did you check the seat where the needle goes ?Foreign stuff in the carb could open the needle and make it leak.Maybe its caused by a pressure buildup in your fuel tank,check if there is a separate vent on the tank for clogging or pinching.The vent valve could be also in the fuel cap itself.Did you change the spring under inlet lever.If yes, maybe he is too soft letting the gas pass tru.

I replaced the spring twice from two different kits. New springs. I cleaned out the seat throughly with a soft steel wool and left it spot less. The carby keeps flooding. What is a good way to pressure test the carby ?

Any suggestions

steel wool? perhaps some of it got down into the inlet needle seat area, and is causing this issue. take some compressed air, or an air compressor, and blow it out to clean the passages of debris that may be causing this issue.

Did you adjust the metering lever properly? Walbro sells a gauge that covers all the common carbs. General rule of thumb is to set the lever flush with the bottom of the chamber, but this is not the case with all Walbros.

Chris B.

Yes, the carby was flushed out with carb cleaner spray and then flushed with compressed air. The inlet needle is set to specifications and the spring has been replaced twice. So has the inlet lever. Bad Case OF No Bueno Carby.

Latest posts

Back