Walbro hd carb needle height

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

husky455rancher

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I’m rebuilding the walbro hd carb on my 543xp. I got it all done and I set the needle lever around it’s even with the carb body. I’m not sure if it’s right or not. I bought the gauges but there’s no hd listed on it. I can’t get it to run. For more than a second now.

I wonder if the high pressure air blew out a component in there?
There are many things that could be wrong but it sounds like its just not pulling fuel. Orientation of the diaphragms could be incorrect or the kits supplied these days may not be correct for the carb. If I had the carb in my hands I could figure it out quickly.

There are many things that could be wrong but it sounds like its just not pulling fuel. Orientation of the diaphragms could be incorrect or the kits supplied these days may not be correct for the carb. If I had the carb in my hands I could figure it out quickly.
How are you with Zama's I have a bunch of them. I can only get 60 percent of them running.

How are you with Zama's I have a bunch of them. I can only get 60 percent of them running.
I have figured out what just about all the carbs , common problems are and how to fix them. If they have physical internal damage is the only ones I give up on, like metering screws rammed into their seats too hard, cannot tune them when that `s the problem.

There’s a 54b and a 536 stamped into it. I bought a walbro k10-hd kit as everyone said this kit would work with this carb.
That carb is not in my carb parts lookup. Does it have an atmospheric vent in the metering side cover? Some rebuild kits did not have the correct gaskets for the passages in the carb.

That carb is not in my carb parts lookup. Does it have an atmospheric vent in the metering side cover? Some rebuild kits did not have the correct gaskets for the passages in the carb.
The vent I’m not sure of. I’ll take the carb off the saw after I finish doing some maintenance on my fish tank.

Ok update: my bad memory and stupidity came into play on this one haha.

Yes there was another spot to land a hose I just didn’t see it. What happened was this saw had this problem when I bought it so I bought a Chinese carb to put in its place. The Chinese one had no provision for the primer bulb so I just hid the line away and forgot it was there. It’s in a weird spot kinda under the handle on the back of the saw. I put in a new piece of line to the primer bulb and it pulled fuel right away. It seems to be running pretty good but it’s dark now so I’ll mess with it a little more tomorrow.

It has this small spot right off idle where it just revs slowly then picks right up as it should. I got the splined carb adjustment tools so I can get past the half turn you can get with the flathead screwdriver.

If you use the saw a while you don’t really notice the off idle slow acceleration until you pick up another saw. After that it’s like oh yeah this thing sucks like this haha.

Latest posts

Back