Walbro HDA 191-1 for 346xp?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunfish

Fish Head
Reaction score
I see the Walbro HDA 191-1 carb is a replacement for the HDA 199? Does anyone know if the 191-1 is any good? Found a new one for a reasonable price.

I have a newish Zama 357 replacement on a ported 346 that is giving me fits. It idles and cuts fine, but will not idle right after a long cut. Seems like it runs out of gas? I have messed with the metering leaver and tuning and can get it better, but just can't do away with the problem. I'm bout ready to chunk the Zama.

Having trouble finding a reasonably priced good Walbro 199, sent a bad one to Scott (Treemonkey) that I couldn't fix. No word yet. Saw couldn't be tuned to run over 11,000 rpm with this carb?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Buddy of mine had a Jonsered 2159 that started acting up and was the 199 carb issues, and the dealer replaced it with a 191 and so far no trouble.
Good to know. I've never read anything on the hda 191-1, but I'll have one in a few days.

Good to know. I've never read anything on the hda 191-1, but I'll have one in a few days.
The HDA-191 is the version for heated saws (357xpg/2156WH and 359g/2159WH), but basically the same as the -199. The -198 and -190 are the non-EPA versions.

They likely all share the same potensial issue.

Well, the 359 Zama replacement runs good on this 346xp. But I'll put the treemonkey HDA-199 on and see if there is a performance diff. Then I'll try a new HDA-191 and see how it does.

Tried the 'new' HDA-191 & the Treemonkey 199 today, both ran like crap! Tuning made no difference.
Put the Zama back on and runs great! Weird **** here?

I might of spoke too soon. Put the Treemonkey 199 on a 357xp today and it ran fine. Back on the ported 346 with a little tuning it now runs fine? And to top it off, the new Walbro 191 runs fine today also? Like I said, weird stuff!

Don, Did you ever get this sorted out? I have issues with a 357 seems like it runs out of fuel sort of. I have already gutted the vent. Could be the coild getting hot and breaking down??? Have you ever tried the vented fuel cap? Thoughts

Don, Did you ever get this sorted out? I have issues with a 357 seems like it runs out of fuel sort of. I have already gutted the vent. Could be the coild getting hot and breaking down??? Have you ever tried the vented fuel cap? Thoughts
Having the same issue with my 357. In a 20in log it will just die out like you said like it runs out of gas.

Latest posts

Back