Walbro HDA199 Repair

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does it matter where the hole is drilled in the cover? If I were to drill a hole, I would do it in the center of the circle, but I am curious if it makes a difference.

Thanks!
I drilled mine in the center 1/8 hole like Scott mentioned.

I put the hole in the center

Hot damn! I think I figured it out. I tore it back down and discovered that I did have the correct kit and did have the tan diaphragm in the bottom half of the carb. It is simply amazing what happens when you pull your head out of your ass and pay attention!

In the top, I had the black diaphragm ON TOP of the black spacer instead of underneath it. I better try that first before I have to resort to drilling the hole.

Thanks Tree Monkey!

I drilled the hole on the side and still have issues. The low screw is out almost 2 turns.
How far should the jet screws be turned out????
Got the correct gaskets and diaphrams. Going to drill a second hole in the middle next.

Then tear the 028 back down, it is doing the same thing!!!

I just bought a 4-pack of these carbs. I went through them following Scott's instructions. Two of them have now been test run on a 346 and run great. Admittedly, I don't know if they had issues before I got them or not. Thanks Scott!

Back