Walbro WT 513 . A couple of questions.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RMXBOY

Reaction score
HI folks,

Hope eveyone is doing ok.

IMG_9264.jpg
I have a couple of questions regarding a Walbro WT 513 carb . The back story is my Solo 637 will run at idle for a little while and then have fuel starving issues. I have given the carb a clean out but that hasnt fixed the issue. I have now got a carb kit so I can get in a give it a deep clean.
My questions are,
1, there is a brass jet looking plug ( about 7 oclock on the attached photo) that looks like it is blocked? or has a rubber plug/gasket under it. Is this a jet and should it be clear?.

2, I dont have a carb float depth gauge for Walbro carbs. Can some one tell me how far down from the top gasket surface to the actuater arm for the needle ? With a straight edge across the body I am at about 0.9mm to the actuater.

Sorry, this is my first time into this type of carb and just need clarification before I proceed.

Thanks for your time.

IMG_9264.jpg

1. It is a check valve with a check valve disk in it, don`t blow compressed air into it or any other passages of the carburetor.
2. The metering lever should be flush with the carb body if you set the lever gauge on it.

You hit the jackpot with check valves. The other blank brass plug is also a check valve for the main jet, hope to not have problems with them as they are not part of a normal repair kit and I doubt that you will find a dealer that stocks them.

Back