Walk in parts store

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mainemechanic

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Anyone know of any chain type stores that sell and more importantly stock poulan parts? I need a piston for my saw like yesterday just got paid need to have my saw running by tonight to cut some wood to keep the house warm. Thanks!

Sent from my Z899VL using Tapatalk

You'll have to find a really well stocked dealer or You might have sweet talk one of the local shop owners to give up some of their old parts in the bin.

Haha I went today and bought 2 craftsmans (poulans) off a guy for $20. They just need a cleaning and tune up. Now I'll have 2 running saws And I'll order a piston and make it 3!

Really, It's the end of November-in Maine- you heat with wood and if the saw breaks you freeze???
Going to be a loooong winter.

Really, It's the end of November-in Maine- you heat with wood and if the saw breaks you freeze???
Going to be a looking winter.

Had 3 different people come by the shop today trying to get wood because they were all out. Talk about planning ahead!

One guy threw a fit when I told him the price.... a price that has been on a bright orange 4ftx8ft sign in front of the shop for well over a year and is right in line with the local market price. May not be the cheapest, but not the highest either. Apparently I'm "raping people" according to him. Guess I was twisting his arm to buy this wood, not to mention I was supposed to work for free.

The 2nd guy tore out of the yard all pissed off. He showed up around 3pm and figured he could have a cord of wood delivered right then. He fully expected I just had several trucks sitting around loaded just waiting for the chance of being able to deliver wood. I told him it'd be a week.
Heck as soon as a truck is loaded, it's headed down the road to people that ordered a while back.

3rd guy was normal at least. I was starting to wonder if something was passing through the water or what the heck was going on!

Going to be a loooong winter.
I've still got a week at least of wood stacked up I just don't like being this low! I was planning on burning oil his winter since I never got any wood but as soon as it got cold the furnace started acting up. Woods free anyways so you can't beat that with my 10 pound maul. Plus I hate to admit it but I do have an electric craftsman saw, 13" bar guy!...haha. now I've got 2 parts saws/potential runners.

Latest posts

Back