want to mod my ms360 pro

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For my 036 I did a muffler mod took a few thousanths off the base of the cylinder switched to square ground chain and left it at that.Cuts right with my buddy's 2171.

For my 036 I did a muffler mod took a few thousanths off the base of the cylinder switched to square ground chain and left it at that.Cuts right with my buddy's 2171.

To get this correct...No Porting??? And did you actually take a bit off of the base or just replace the base gasket (not sure fromt the other 036 post)? I want a relatively non intrusive mod to improve the reliablity and power of the saw. Also, what did your muffler mod include...gutting the muffler or just opening holes in the cover?

Thanks.

To get this correct...No Porting??? And did you actually take a bit off of the base or just replace the base gasket (not sure fromt the other 036 post)? I want a relatively non intrusive mod to improve the reliablity and power of the saw. Also, what did your muffler mod include...gutting the muffler or just opening holes in the cover?

Thanks.

I have done both on different saws.Removal of the base gasket is the easier of the two.I weld pipe into my mufflers,I don't think drilling holes into the muffler alone is good idea(my opinion-would you drill holes in your truck muffler?)I have the old style mufflers and there is no baffles-so gut away!

Latest posts

Back