wanted free hard wood firewood logs tree trunks thick branches

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just print and burn

ybu5ade3.jpg

Best I can do for ya.

sooo the people asking for free wood expect us to give up our time, fuel, gear and provided them with wood? well ill give u free wood if I get a new ms 660 ,new trailer and truck and all the other gear I need to replace my worn out stuff. also you may need to talk to an airline company or a shipping company since delivery maybe a bit expensive from nz :) but if you organise all of the above sure ill get you some wood :) but if anyone thinks im a bit tight in giving out wood, if I get to know you and you will come give me a hand getting it then I have no problems helping you out.

Gunny, you're in luck, we did a clear cut for a big lake project a few weeks ago and we have a log pile of rough logs, ie. Hackberry, sycamore, siberian elm, etc. You drive out here, (Illinois) and I will give you all you can legally haul in a pickup and up to a 16' flat trailer, I'll buck them to fit your rig and load them w a grapple. Most will be 18-24" at the butt. I'll even throw in a nice black locust log. Only one condition; that is that you did serve as a Gunnery Sergeant in the USMC and recieved an Honorable Discharge, bring your DD214 w you.

Im serious as a heart attack, offer only good to the OP.
im was not in the service

My offer was void when he admitted he's not a USMC GySgt, in other words a poser. However, I could prolly come up with some punky basswood or sumpin' for him.
Not quite what I meant by the joke. :)

My dad was a USMC Gunny and I can tell you he would never have been out trying to freeload. He was cheap, yeah, but never a mooch.

Back