• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Wanted: good 045 Stihl crank case

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chainsawman2011

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
ok I recently had a guy bring in an 045 super with electronic ignition all tore down in a milk crate. he wants it rebuilt and I have found that the crank bearings are bad. so I have done some searching and found a decent crank case on ebay but not sure if that's the route to go or not so I wanted to see if anyone on here has bearings, seals and a crank case gasket. or a good working crank case for an 045 super.

thanks a lot chad

I bought one on ebay a while ago that I don't plan on using. Good crank and bearings, seals look good, but I haven't used it... Also it was sold as a 056 case, not sure if it matters...

Mine has the electronic ignition does that make any difference on what case I use

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't know my self.
I expect what I have is points, but I'd need to check for sure. My stuff is stored in an old concession trailer. If that 056 isn't what u want, I can get to it easy enough and refresh my memory what I still have.
Do u have part #s of the original cases ?

Back