Warm weather spell on the way, what are you doin?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The snow melted and luckily it got cold enough last night to freeze the ground. I took the opportunity to take a truck load down behind the house for splitting and then move a cord up to the house for heating this winter. I also got 2/3 cord cut and hauled home on Saturday. Beautiful weekend, needed it after weeks of storms.
Dok

I went out to cut a little but it was cold and gettting colder:

Here's the forecast for this area (99760):

Tonight
Decreasing clouds. Patchy ice fog through the night. Lows 40 below to 55 below zero. Light winds.

Right now as I type it's -35 F. Even here (Interior Alaska) though cold snaps are now pretty infrequent and don't last more than a few days.

Here the warm spell brought lots of rain. That made a slippery mess of the snow without getting rid of it. And turned my driveway to solid ice. I went ice fishing in the rain a few times but no work got done. Now we got another 6 inches of snow. The trees are still covered with it. Pretty to look at, but not good to work with. I'll stay in the house or the ice shack and congratulate myself on getting all the wood I need back in the heat of summer. My sympathies to you guys who have to work the woods in these conditions.

Latest posts

Back