Was this saw a good deal?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mimilkman1

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Hey all first post here. Love the site. A friend of mine said that his stepson told him of a Stihl farmboss that a guy had that was for sale for $200 dollars. Friend said if it looks good go ahead and get it. He gets the saw home and it ends up being a 056 AV with a 32 inch bar. The saw has nary a scratch on it and it appears to be the original bar, still has all the writing on it.
Put fresh mix in and four pulls and it was screaming. I've used it this weekend to cut up some hard maple rounds around 34" DBH and it sailed through it like a hot knife thorough butter. I'm thinking it was quite a deal.:newbie:

Oh yeah I almost forgot. How many cc's is this saw?

I can't say for sure without knowing exactly what model. The 056 was 81cc, the magnum was 93.4. That's according to acres.

And congrats. It sounds like you got a heck of a deal. I'm sure a lot of people around here are a bit jealous.

Sounds good to me. 056 is an excellent saw and I believe there are at least three different displacements.

There's an 041 listed in an add locally for $150 that I may go look at, don't need it, don't really even know if it's worth it but damn it would be nice to have one on the shelf..........................

Hey all first post here. Love the site. A friend of mine said that his stepson told him of a Stihl farmboss that a guy had that was for sale for $200 dollars. Friend said if it looks good go ahead and get it. He gets the saw home and it ends up being a 056 AV with a 32 inch bar. The saw has nary a scratch on it and it appears to be the original bar, still has all the writing on it.
Put fresh mix in and four pulls and it was screaming. I've used it this weekend to cut up some hard maple rounds around 34" DBH and it sailed through it like a hot knife thorough butter. I'm thinking it was quite a deal.:newbie:

Not a good deal, a great deal. You stole that one.

Nice, I never get so lucky.
If it were me, I would have showed up to find a MS170 that was ran over.

Nice saw. Great deal. A good way to start a chainsaw collection.

Thanks all for the info!! I haven't figured out the digital camera yet, but if and when I do I'll post some pics.

Back