Weak AV on 394

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parrisw

Tree Freak
Reaction score
I just noticed yesterday after cutting a bunch of wood. That there seems to be allot of play in the the mounts for the handle/gastank. Is there anything common to look for. I had a quick look and can't see anything loose/missing. It's definatly not always been like this. There is a certain amount of play before the AV springs come into play.

Ok, ya I guess I need to look deeper, I was just so tired, and didn't feel like working on it now. I've been sick all week, and I'm run down, I guess I will have to take it apart and check it out.

Will

I have an older model 394XP that appeared to have the springs unscrew off the plastic mount. I was going to screw them back on, and drill a hole for a roll-pin but they have held nicely since I screwed them back in so I did not go the roll-pin route. On my saw the springs allow for enough jiggle it could have done a screen test for that Jello commercial.

I have an older model 394XP that appeared to have the springs unscrew off the plastic mount. I was going to screw them back on, and drill a hole for a roll-pin but they have held nicely since I screwed them back in so I did not go the roll-pin route. On my saw the springs allow for enough jiggle it could have done a screen test for that Jello commercial.

Thanks for the postive reply, that makes sense, I bet thats what happened. Mine have allot of jiggle as well, but before it even begins to jiggle it just freely moves.

I had a similar problem on mine; I used the blue loc-tite & they hold fine now. FWIW, I think the springs compress over time a bit. My saw is a '97, and with the springs tightly down, they have more play and less AV dampening than they should, IMHO.

Back