Wealthy arborist's beauty queen fiancee kills intruder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't forget the anal plundering.

Oh and by the way: Who the Hell is Gayson? he got a big nose too?

And do you think I have a big nose? You can tell me the truth man, it would help me out a lot, I wouldn't want anything like this to happen to me if there was something I could do about it.

I say we just let the committee decide...

TheDan-Lancaster033.jpg

...Basically, I was just looking for an excuse to repost this pic. I feel it's necessary to revisit this moment from time to time. lol

he's an arborist
who has had his own company for 17 years, Planthaber Trees in Tampa. He cuts trees in the Culbreath Isles and Palma Ceia areas in Tampa, which he says provides a six-figure income. Planthaber immediately came home to help her search their house.

This was the second jewelry claim Planthaber made in 2002. Before
losing the ring, he misplaced his $18,000 Rolex watch, which was later found by his car detailer. He called the insurance company and canceled that claim.

Following policy, the insurer wanted to document everything before
paying up and to talk to anyone who knew anything about the ring.

By JANEL STEPHENS

© St. Petersburg Times, published February 5, 2003

"United We Stand" Message Board

A previous fiance lost a lost a $31k ring...

Here is anotherreport
Beauty Queen Shoots And Kills Burglar With Her Pink Gun

You can find him as Executive tree service, seems he got busted for removing a 13 in laural oak w/o permits..

Maybe a family history of tree work, there's a Gary Planthaber with Coastal Tree in the tampa area. A Robert has a roofing company in the area, so maybe it is a common name, not many in phonebook.

Oh well, I'm board with this now. Does sound a wee bit fishy though

Screw you guys! I'm bringing sexy back! Ain't my fault you don't know the difference.:tongue2:

Allright, the snow stopped, suns out, the Monster energy drink I drank at 4 am is wearing off, I am heading out to look at some jobs.

Last edited:

TheDan-Lancaster033.jpg

...Basically, I was just looking for an excuse to repost this pic. I feel it's necessary to revisit this moment from time to time. lol

Don't worry about that nose you've got bigger problems. You look like a special ed version of Artie Lang . I bought a Kask never been happier, seeing that pic reminds me why.

Yep, or sometimes a Colt, S&W, or Ruger depending on my mood.

why open the door at all? I would just open a window and yell outside "who TF is out there?" then call the cops if I don't like the answer. Shoot somebody outside and you may do time.

They paint this guy as celebrity kind of money. A 400K$ house? That wouldn't buy a little bungalo in many places. Even a small potatoes op like Treevette can live in a $400K house. No big whoop.:msp_thumbup:

why open the door at all? I would just open a window and yell outside "who TF is out there?" then call the cops if I don't like the answer. Shoot somebody outside and you may do time.

They paint this guy as celebrity kind of money. A 400K$ house? That wouldn't buy a little bungalo in many places. Even a small potatoes op like Treevette can live in a $400K house. No big whoop.:msp_thumbup:

Yup,why open the door if you think you are going to have to shoot in doing so.

I tell you once some teenage kid was banging out there in the rain. We were about the call the cops but I was able to come a confident decision that he actually just was a teenage kid who got rousted from a party by the cops and got lost.
I ended up driving him back to the house down the road where he could sleep it off. It truly was a tough decision to trust him enough not to call the cops on his sorry ass but I didn't really think the soaking wet, half naked high school student needed to be arrested. I mean he was out there in the rain and dark running around in his socks.
I did let him know I was armed. I didn't open the door actually though. We intially told him to beat it and we were calling the cops, he went down into one of the sheds to get out of the rain and wait. It was then , watching him go down there and while we turned on the lights that I could see what the deal was.
Still, I shouldn't have gone out there and yes I took a gun just in case and I kept it low. I am really glad the choice I made was right but it was a little hairy for a minute or two, it could have gone either way. I am very glad that it went well and that I could get the kid back to safety. I hope somebody does that for my kid if she ever gets in to trouble like that. Dam kids.
I was also very glad to be able to discern the situation, all evidence showed that this was just a kid who really did not want to cause alarm, was scared and just needed a little help. I really did not want to see him be hauled away in cuffs by the cops.
When I dropped him off at his friends the house was quite, I told him to go get his buddy to come out real quick or I would call the cops. When they both came out looking like dumb kids whose parents had left them for the weekend I just left. I could tell he learned a little something that night and so did I cause I doubt I will ever leave my family in jepordy again for the few minutes it took to figure out the scene and like I said I am REAL glad it went down like it did... for everybody.
I would not have done it if I couldn't tell what was going on. I would have hunkered in the house, rifle by my side and called the cops which is what I would have done if it was a pizza man, not a little boy in his socks. Calling the cops would have had the whole neighborhood lit up like Christmas in about 2 seconds and I am glad for that just as well.

Last edited:
The lady's story was that she thought it was probably a friend that needed somewhere to spend the night, if you read the articles.

I like my theory that she just thought it was another blow customer better though..

Did anyone notice that this Hill guy The Snozz capped had a history of selling coke? Hmmm...

Dang, Sherlock hasn't got anything on you!

Everybody was taking turns dumping on the victims, and I figured it was just jealosy because they didn't have the money and the babe.

I burned up about 20 minutes trolling different news articles. Most of the news articles were just copies of previous info, but several different news sources must have actually gone out and done some real journalism.

A lot of folks have been commenting on the reported $400k house.

I think the news report indicated that number came from "county records". That probably means that some reporter got on-line and read the appraised value.

If you look at the on-line appraised values in our area, they are about 1/7th what the actual value is. So...the guy is probably in a pretty pricey home, with pretty well-to-do neighbors.

Besides, if you were the town beauty queen, would you settle for anything less?

I love the whole story from start to finish , I wish I could have seen her shoot that guy , it would have made me really horny ... And as for the money I think if I had that kinda coin to drop I would drop it who cares its only money , And let that be a lesson to other would be robbers who want to beat on a girl , its pretty insulting to get smoked with a pink gun .. I think the world will survive with one less 42 yr, old pizza man .. I would have taken my first pee of the day right on his fat face ....

TheDan-Lancaster033.jpg

Nah! he must of had one to many of JL's burritos and is fighting off the poop pains.

Last edited:
That arborist is doing quite well for himself. Buying pizza's with $100 dollar bills, buying his wife a $60k ring, not to mention hooking up with a beautiful woman like that. Heck, I forget what the rest of the story is about.

Latest posts

Back