weeping willow dying?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shubbard

Reaction score
we moved to house on acre between collinsville & Oologah, OK. we have been here since last Sept. There is a young(6ft) weeping willow on south side of the lot that has been doing fine up until this week. It seemed to have no damage from the Ice storm in Dec., and we have had alot of rain latley. All of a sudden I notice half the tree is brown! branches look dead. can not see any holes, bores, growths or anything unusual with the bark, trunk or branches other than the bark of the dead branches have reddish color to them on the surface, while the still green leaved branches do not. The prior owners also had a round tree surround at the base filled with pea gravel, which I think is not good for the roots,, but the tree looked healthy until just this week. Any idea what this might be? I cant see any evidence of insects.. could it be needing even more water? or high wind damage? It is very windy out here most of the time, and have had several severe t-storms lately.

Latest posts

Back