Welch plugs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fishinfreak99

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
is there a place that you guys know of that you can get bulk assortments of Welch plugs for the three main carb manufacturers. Walbro, zama, and tilotson. Found an assortment for Walbro once but can't find it again. Sometimes when I buy a carb kit it doesn't come with the plug and I like to change it when I've already got the carb off. Thanks in advance.

If the carb has no debris or crud inside then I don't change them.
I will use carb cleaner (with the little red tube like wd-40 has) to spray into the hole closest to the venturi and watch it come out the other hole. If the flow isn't right then I'll change the plug to clean the cavity.
I believe you can order those parts directly from the carburetor manufacturer.

The Walbro set is kind of expensive, I order 10 of the conman sizes on line. Just find the place with the best shipping. Walbro doesn't recommend any sealant any more.

Jeremy

No sealant on them. Be real hard to use it without plugging the holes below the Welch plug

I usually steal my wife's extreme wear clear coat nail polish and hit the seam after punching it in. Then I use a q-tip to wipe it clean before it dries. This way it only remains in the seam and there is no excessive amount to break loose like the two in the pics did.
The adhesive the carb manufacturer's use always comes loose when ethanol contacts it.

2015-07-29 16.29.13.jpg 2015-12-19 13.36.53.jpg

I haven't changed a welch plug in the last three yrs of cleaning these cubes via ultrasonics, I have only needed to replace one that was missing because remove it before I got the trimmer to work on. Too bad they removed it too as was one of the none replaceable ones over the main nozzle on a Zama C1Q series.

I just put the ones in the kits in one my store jars.

And haven't use sealant as it one of the reason I have problem with some carburetors as it comes loose and plugged the jets.

Back