welcome to the seven cube club

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoshF

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
picked this up this afternoon for a christmas present to myself. been trying to get this for 6 months. fires on mix squirted in plug hole. also scored that 3-25 to the right and parts for my poulan 245. tried to figure out how to make picture auto load, read FAQ but sounded confusing. maybe someone can talk me through it??

View attachment 210688

hope that worked. otherwise you can all drive to my house and see it. cant be any harder than trying to make this stupid thing work

210697d1323488321-quad-port-muffler-068-jpg

Last edited:
Holy Crap! Nice McCulloch 73 score Josh. For those that don't know.............There sits 7.3ci/120cc of gear drive McGoodness. I found a nice McCulloch 77 (the final version of the 73, with a different fuel tank, air filter, and 'carb system' layout) near Placerville, California a little over a year ago. CL score. Needed fuel system help mostly. Good compression and spark. Sent it to the one and only Mark H (in a trade) for him to work his magic on. It's a STRONG runner now and he's even raced it at a GTG. I miss it now, but am glad it went to Mark. Mark had his own thread on the saw a few months ago...

im so excited! the old fella i bought it from was pretty sure i was off my rocker when i told him i intended to make it run so i could use it. i wont use it... but it will be in using shape if its in my garage.

I saw one of those in a scrap bin Thursday.......just left it......one mans junk is anothers treasure......Hahahahahahaha!

haha funny you say that. i was ice fishing on fletchers pond last year (those of you that dont know.. fletchers is good sized) and i started hearing this saw running and it was loud! stuck my head out and didnt see anybody near. got to lookin and you could just barely see this guy accross the lake cutting a hole with a little yellow blob that turned out to be a 700. i was so proud!

Did it look salvageable Dennis? There's a few of us that'd be interested in it if it is..................including some of us in California.:D

Yeah!...I think so. Wasn't really interested and was looking for scrap aluminum. Got tired of collecting that junk and most of the time it wasn't worth the shipping.

Yeah!...I think so. Wasn't really interested and was looking for scrap aluminum. Got tired of collecting that junk and most of the time it wasn't worth the shipping.

Oh I have been there,
Trying to rescue every saw can suck!
You end up go over it and spending more time then it is worth!

Oh I have been there,
Trying to rescue every saw can suck!
You end up go over it and spending more time then it is worth!

That's the truth. The poor thing's probably already been scrapped and will soon end up as a box of road flairs.....:(

Latest posts

Back