well, my pair of mystery mccullochs came....alot of pics!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brad2185

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
First the pics!!!! A whole bunch....need to identify them
I think this first one is a 10-10
Mccullochsaws001.jpg

Mccullochsaws002.jpg

Mccullochsaws004.jpg

Alright, the second one I have NO IDEA?? A few of you said it may be a 2-10 or 5-10?
Mccullochsaws005.jpg

Mccullochsaws006.jpg

Mccullochsaws008.jpg

OK, So the first one has the ID tag by the carb. Info says, MOD. 600002U and then underneath that it has Serial 13-78374
Its also has a Walbro SDC Carb. It turns over but gets hung up alil during its rotation, Im thinking something wrong with bottom end? Both saws were supposed to come with bars....some how they show up with no bars? Im thinking they got swiped, fell out of the box, or were never sent in the first place? But the chains made it. Working on resolving the issue now.

The Second one I actually got running!!!:biggrin: Its was alil rough and hella loud!! Neighbors prolly didnt like it to much, being it was 10:30 PM!!!! woops....:msp_unsure: It also has a Walbro SDC Carb. It has the right side pull starter, but the previous owner never attempted to fix the broken rope or the recoil spring after I guess trying to fix it themselves...it was a big mess. So they just decided to throw a completely different starter on left and be done with it. IDK? It also has the number 129 stamped underneath on the crankcase Oh, yea....the big thing is this one doesnt have that ID tag by the carb...

Pull the muffler and use a wire or something similar to insert in the cylinder and check the bore.

2-10/3-10 would be 1.75" bore, 4-10/5-10/6-10 would be 2.00" bore.

Mark

The popcycle stick method is suprisingly accurate. Stick the stick in accross the top of the piston and crimp/crunch it by pulling on the starter rope. Measure with a scale or dial caliper.

Accurate to plus/minus .015".

My grandkids keep me supplied with 'em.

Alright, So I did the stick trick and when I measured, I got right on 2 inches....So Im guessing its 5-10??
The popcycle stick method is suprisingly accurate. Stick the stick in accross the top of the piston and crimp/crunch it by pulling on the starter rope. Measure with a scale or dial caliper.

Accurate to plus/minus .015".

My grandkids keep me supplied with 'em.

Back