Well used 372 suggestions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will read up. Thanks - Will this cause a lot of decrease in power ? I ordered a compression tester but couldn’t wait to pull muffler then cylinder off when i saw the transfer. What’s average compression for 372 in good shape ?

If intake side of piston and cylinder are clean, my bet is air leak. Crank lower bearing looks good in that picture, is it same all the way around and on flywheel side?

So you’re thinking bad shaft seal or intake boot ? Yes it was only exhaust side of piston and ring is free in groove on piston. Why did this happen and how and why does the piston come into contact with cylinder wall - is it like spark knock on car ? Mixture burns so uneven it cocks piston ? Is it possible for carb to be out of tune so much it caused this ? I eat this up and I love this site Thanks Duce

Could be rip in intake boot, have seen that several times. But have seen clutch side bearing and seal be the problem many more times.

Latest posts

Back