Well, we had a spring snowstorm up here...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrick62

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
A lot of busted branches all around town. A friend of mine asked me about removing that willow in his back yard. We talked about this a couple years ago. I had already cautioned him that I have no insurance for this... no problem.
We removed the tree yesterday, mostly without incident. P1010319.JPG
You can see my usual method of getting up there on the left side. old 30 foot manlift. And it was "just enough". There were some moments of pucker factor. One branch over the house was a problem, but got passed it pretty well. One minor "oops" was a rather large chunk that went astray and clipped the eve of the house. You can see it against the metal building extreem left. Broke the plywood, messed up a few shingles. Dang it!!! Sid said, he's got guys that do that too. No problem. You can see the stump before I levelled it off. A 28" bar was just enough....
The tree had root rot going pretty good. Another big snow storm and that left side would have clobbered the house.

I had a lot of fun with this one! My top handle echo did most of the branch work, then hauled up the Jonsered 2171 for larger cuts. Then pulled out the 064 with the 28" on it for the big stuff.

What would I have done differently, knowing how this went? I think I should have done something differently to avoid clipping the house! Some sort of truck mounted boom could have been helpful as it was tiring to drag and re-set the lift all over the place.

Latest posts

Back