Well, you can call us the Tree Guy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mmmmmm, perhaps you have out done yourself!

Almost wet my pants thinking of the slow graceful movement as the hinge delivered the load into the 'gravity bender' (speed/zip line), then flew away!

Has anyone else every tried laying something on top of a zip line as added friction, and less rope bending?

More pics, few comments. i already posted em on the "book" thread by mistake

Ok mike, here's two for ya to play with

then maybe we'd see where John's hardhat went to......

i'll see if I have any of him lieing down

Last edited:
And now a few pics from a topping job......

......back to my roots.......

...ugh!!

Two 130 foot doug fir, one w/50 foot of dead top, the other 40. Old lightning strike... the worst tree had no new growth, the top cut was 20 inches, I figure it may die. The tree I pruned had lots of new growth. I had to shorten many of the long branches, and thin a bit; it should be fine. Dbh was about 48". We also removed (well, to a 40 foot snag) a 130 footer which had previously been topped. I made a habitat tree out of it. The fun part was crashing two huge tops, then a 24 inch log with another smaller top above it, all onto a shed. We got great video of the carnage, courtesy of Barnett Tree and Building Demolition, lol. But we worked 12 hrs to get the job done on the second day, and got no still pics of the wreckage...darn it!!

We also crown cleaned and lightly thinned about 12 western red cedar. A couple of the tops had also felt the lightning's singe...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back