Western Pa., Eastern Ohio,GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wampum

Staff member
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I was thinking about hosting a GTG in late February or March. Hopefully it would be a little warmer then the main winter months.And help relieve cabin fever. What I am thinking is I could have my Peterson Saw mill set up. And we could have a couple different splitters,and lots of saws. I would hope to have several 10x10's milled by then for cutting.

My location is pretty much in the center of this,I am right off of the Pa turnpike(free exit,exit 1 or 2)The 376 corridor is about 3 miles from my home(route 60 toll) I am about 18 miles west of interstate 79,around 25 miles south of interstate 80 and about 50 miles north of interstate 70.

I am about 6 hours from DC,Philly,Baltimore and New York City. Around 3 1/2 hours from Buffalo,Columbus and Detroit and 2 hours from Cleveland. Also about 45 minutes from down town Pittsburgh. I would really like to have a couple dozen or more show up.

So if you are interested,speak up and we will see how many want to come. Thanks, Dave

I was thinking about hosting a GTG in late February or March. Hopefully it would be a little warmer then the main winter months.And help relieve cabin fever. What I am thinking is I could have my Peterson Saw mill set up. And we could have a couple different splitters,and lots of saws. I would hope to have several 10x10's milled by then for cutting.

My location is pretty much in the center of this,I am right off of the Pa turnpike(free exit,exit 1 or 2)The 376 corridor is about 3 miles from my home(route 60 toll) I am about 18 miles west of interstate 79,around 25 miles south of interstate 80 and about 50 miles north of interstate 70.

I am about 6 hours from DC,Philly,Baltimore and New York City. Around 3 1/2 hours from Buffalo,Columbus and Detroit and 2 hours from Cleveland. Also about 45 minutes from down town Pittsburgh. I would really like to have a couple dozen or more show up.

So if you are interested,speak up and we will see how many want to come. Thanks, Dave

I live in southern Beaver County, not a far drive at all.

Sounds cool to me!

CT

Depending on the date I might be able to make an appearance. :) Keep us updated, as I will most likely be a last minute participant.

:cheers:

I live over in Butler County and ride my ATV at Mines and Meadows over there, not far for me..... :cheers:

Todd

My property is right up against Mines and meadows,I hunted that area for the past thirty years. Now I stay basically on my own property. I have 2400 foot frontage on the Pennsylvania Game Lands,that are also right up against mines and meadows. Guys if they want could camp there and bring their ATV's.

We have a few months to make this thing work,I will talk with the Husky,Dolmar and Stihl dealers up in New Castle and see if they are interested in sending saws and reps.
Also I am retired,so you guys throw out the date,personally I like Saturdays but I will leave the date up to you guys. Usually there is not much going on in late Feb. Or March. April things start to get pretty busy around here.

Okay here are the Saturdays and Sundays in february and March,I am leaning towards the middle or end of March,it should be warmer,yet still not warm enough to do much else outside. How about the 12th of March? Lets see how many can and cannot make it with the 19th as a back-up. We could plan on the 12th,but if we get a freak snow fall could put it off until the following Saturday the 19th. Or if you want to travel on Saturday,we could make it Sunday the 13th with the 20th as a snow date. This is 4 months in advance,so most could make arrangements,unless a last minute work schedule messes someone up. Lets hear what you all think.

FEBRUARY
Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28

MARCH
Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31

I do not know why the months came up like they did but the 5th,12th,19th,and the 26th are the dates of the Saturdays in both months.

Last edited:
i just told my wife we are going to this GTG. it's close enough for me to make it to easily so we are planning on being there. i'll plan according to whatever our final date is. thank you so much for this, i can't wait!!

I should be able to make that. I had no clue you were right near Mines and Meadows, that is pretty cool since I have heard good things about that place.

Any who, I would like to take advantage of Mines and Meadows, plus the GTG. So that should be a good weekend.:rock:

Pick me up on your way over!!!

Hey Matt I wouldn't have a problem with that. It might make more sense to meet maybe in Austintown or Warren since I'm about due West and your NW of the area.

I would be happy if it were on a Saturday, but Sunday would be cool too.
If anybody is planning on doing some 4 wheelin maybe we could get a group together and go out on sunday? I'm game as long as it's not 20 below and the snows not deep, my little Honda Recon can handle anything but deep mud and snow:laugh:

Back