Western STS Qualifier Friday

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dennis Cahoon

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Corvalis Oregon.....at the OSU campus . Should be a good time! Top 4 go to the finals in Piegon Forge, Tenn.

Rained all day Friday, but the STS came off with no problems inside the McAlexander Fieldhouse. The new DC Hotsaw's carbon fiber saw with TJBexten running it, also came off with the WIN!.....O'Yeah!

hellofa good job dennis for you the builder and tj the operator. i bet you swelled up 2 inches taller after the win. :hmm3grin2orange:

Thanks guys!

Here's a look at the saw and the saw and TJ......19" wood, cold start 3 cuts, in 7.08 seconds. Smoked the competition!

Not only does have to Run Good!.....it also has to Look Good!......Hahahahahahaha!

001-29.jpg

002-31.jpg

Last edited:
i bet you dam near had to have a press conference about that saw when people got there first look at it.

i bet you dam near had to have a press conference about that saw when people got there first look at it.

Yes, you will see the saw in the Stihl STS advertisement photo stuff. It was photo'ed and we were interviewed about it all day.....and when it won......No one was surprized!......but also added much more interest, photo's and filming.

you know these guys are getting serious when they are wearing skins hahaha. Great work FMC. will be good to see this saw after a full year. Do they throw chains much or just once in a full moon?

Thats awesome Dennis! I guess I'll get to see that saw in Pigeon Forge in a couple months huh? You have any idea on the exact location of the event?

Sorry guys, you won't be seeing the carbon fiber DCHotsaw at Piegon Forge. TJ had a good day but his points total wasn't enough to make the finals. Usually his stocksaw is one of his best events, but he had a bad run and that hurt his total points to move on. You will see Mel Lentz, Paul Cogar, and Mike Forrester running DCHotsaws, maybe others like Matt Cogar and Jason Lentz who haven't had there qualifiers yet.

Latest posts

Back