What’s the most desired brand and model chainsaw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
46 Poulan, I have that middle homelite in blue in its orginal case. She needs points but a may put an atom in it someday. I been gathering older saws for years didn’t know why. I have the mini macs and eager beavers too. There great to carry on the quad.
They're great to drag behind the quad

Any modern 2000 and newer 70cc saw with the sharpest chain. Husky 372, Echo, Dolmar, and lastly Stihl.

MS 260 may be the best saw ever made IMO power to weight and longevity

^this!!
Totally agree. Might not be the fastest, but I've had a ton of different saws from 42cc (stihl 024) to 95cc (husky 395). there's just something about the 260 I love. Incredibly bulletproof, light, and covers about 90% of my firewood cutting with an 18" bar on it.

My son has a Poulan wild thing I purchased for him decades ago. It’s still running.

Electric chainsaws might be taking over the new title spot here shortly.
I'm not laughing. I bought a little Stihl MSA 120 c and it quickly became the house favorite out of five. I never thought I'd see my wife with a chainsaw in her hands, but she's not afraid of it. She was even scared of the little Stihl 190T. I think it's the engine noise...

Now a woman with a electric cordless chainsaw that’s scary. Better lock it up at night lol.

I love my husky 2101xp and 2100, both are pigs but I love em. Gotta love the sound of the 288 wound up too.

Latest posts

Back