what 8" ss chimney to get

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milkie62

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
My 24 yr old CL 40 Central Boiler finally sprung a leak this past spring. Had a fantastic repair guy come in and build a new chimney exit out of stainless and repair/weld the leak. I need new 8" chimney and wanted to know what everybody is using. he said not to use the cheap Lowes and HD stuff. He said get multi-fuel chimney but did not know where the site was that had the best price. Any ideas ? I only had a 4 foot length but plan on going at least 6 foot to probably 8 foot. Anybody using a cap ? Thanks

I just buy the stuff from central boiler. I don’t see anything wrong with the Duravent the HD sells or the supervent that Lowe’s sells. The double and triple wall stainless chimney is made to keep flue temps low. But it’s also rated to keep your house safe and to have low mounting clearances. You should have to worry about any mounting clearances with a OWB so I would just buy whatever is easiest for you. I use a cap on mine also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back