What a difference.... Csm vs bandsaw mill

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see the resemblance between you and your Dad, do him a favor and ask him to wear some sensible shoes, Eh?

You have a nice asphalt pad there, and a pile of lumber, build a solar kiln.

You don't like his safety sandals? To really put it in perspective, he wanted me to call him when i took the mill out for the first time. He and my mom were already out so they stopped by. Normally he would have gear but my mom just wanted some pics of us. I appreciate the concerns though.

That nice pad is my drivway and it is where the mill sits. My pine has sat in the sun all summer and has no ill effect. I know other wood won't tolerate this but the pine does. The oak is in my shed stickered.

GeeVee is right about the shoes (better with boots).

Also,it looks like you're trying to use a firewood lifter for a cant hook. Do yourselves a favor and get a pair of good cant hooks (maybe a 4' and a 5'). If you want one to match your mill, Norwood has some good ones, and LogRite also markets them. They are lighter and grip much better. Baileys online has cant hooks in their catalog.

You hit the nail on the head with the lumber holder. I got it with the mill so it's what i used for the first. Actually i only just ran into trouble with it doing the big oak. I wasen't smart enuff to order one from norwood when i just made a order last week for some spare parts....

The Norwood ones are made my Logrite, and you can even get yourself a fine 4' Logrite peavey at your local Stihl dealer here in Canada, was about $115 a few months ago when I replaced an old relic I was using (you can change it from a peavey to cant hook for a nice call to Logrite).

Has been a bad drought in this area which we are slowly getting out of, so the mills even many commercial ones have been shut down due to the fire risk.........the engines are now getting fired up after being idle for two months, I was getting sick of planing an jointing in the garage in town...but had to play with wood. Been a great summer for drying though.

All we run at work is stihl so i will talk to our dealer to see if he can get me a hook. That must be pretty dry to shut down mills from running?

That must be pretty dry to shut down mills from running?

Tinderbox here in southwest Missouri. 6 weeks with 0" rainfall. Ponds are dry. Some idiot has been amusing himself by setting fires in the area. We got a little rain from hurricane Isaac, but would love to see more!

The biggest problem is lack of fire protection, everybody is on wells, many have dried up trying to keep herds alive, a spark at the mill and no means to fight it, just not a sound business practice. But they are fired up now!

Where abouts in Ontario are you Hammish? Ive been to every stihl dealer within 200k of me and not found a single Logrite tool. I'm near the NY boarder but hate going unless I have to.

Awesome set up Shelby...those Norwoods are real nice

Where abouts in Ontario are you Hammish? Ive been to every stihl dealer within 200k of me and not found a single Logrite tool. I'm near the NY boarder but hate going unless I have to.

You could pick one up at the Norwood office in Kilworthy, ON. Apparently, they get their cant hooks from LogRite and paint them orange to match their mills. You'll never need another one!

Awesome set up Shelby...those Norwoods are real nice

Ottawa Valley, get your Stihl dealer to order 7010 881 2603 Peavey Cant Hook, list in Canada is $114.50.

well howdy nieghbor (i'm in Chesterville)...Is that number for a Peavy or a cant hook and what length? What dealer do you use? Maybe shoot me a PM so we don't jack Shelby's thread any more:msp_smile:

You could pick one up at the Norwood office in Kilworthy, ON. Apparently, they get their cant hooks from LogRite and paint them orange to match their mills. You'll never need another one!

Hey Dave,

Your PM box in here is full, and neither of the two email addys you gave me work! Are you on the run, or just hideing out??? lol

SR

Hey Dave,

Your PM box in here is full, and neither of the two email addys you gave me work! Are you on the run, or just hideing out??? lol

SR

I'd love to hide out for a bit, but the wrong people still find me. Seriously, I have been gone a lot, and have had some serious computer problems. I've cleaned out my PM box, so please try again. Always good to hear from you.

Back