What are some fast growing hardwoods

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smokin_stroker0

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
What are some of the fastest growing hardwoods?I have planted some pin oaks in the yard but I need to replaces some of the older trees that were already here, I thought I would try and different one this time

I hear lombardy poplars are pretty quick out of the gate...

I was being "smart" earlier.  Isn't it fairly safe to consider that the fastest-growing trees will be the shortest-lived ones?

What "zone" are you in, what do you want to accomplish with the trees, and what will they be near to?  This type of information really is needed before answers of better quality can be provided, I'd think.

Glen

Teak is one of the fastest-growing hardwoods on the planet, not a short-lived tree. Speed of growth has more to do with total leaf surface area, and is also species-dependant. Teak, not a good choice, however, for the west coast U.S. or Canada

I think I am going to plant a couple red oaks and have it over with. The reason I was looking for faster growing trees was becasue I want to see them get to be a big tree.

Latest posts

Back