What are the two most important things you leaned here

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerry wayne

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I know there are alot more than two things that we have learned here.But try to come up with the most meaningful/important/helpfull to you personaly.Here are mine.......enjoy your spittin,cuttin,stackin,movein& movein again piles,and smile all winter long enjoying your fruit of labor.........give some wood to people in need and without the means to get it themselves.Sounds kinda corny ,but thats what i have gotten from this site,and life experiance.Have the bestest year ever :greenchainsaw:

the stihl 361 cures cancer and is over priced, and people on here buy tooo big of saw for the job they need to do

I finally forced myself to learn how to hand file a chain correctly, and also learned several new felling techniques to add to my tool bag, thanks to the good folks on this site.

Maplemeister:

WOOD (cutting, burning, splitting, climbing) ; It's a life style and I love it.

LT...

That a 361 does make a good firewood saw and that it just ain't that hard to file a chain.

So y'all saved me some money, but cost me a bit, too!:greenchainsaw:

There is such a saw as Dolmar/Makita and are pretty good. Finer points of running an OWB properly and what to expect and not to expect. And the biggest, I know it's 3, There are some pretty smart and kind people out there.

....that I'm the only one here that hates cutting,dragging,splitting,packing and stacking wood but I've done it my whole life because my father and now I love heating with it!

1) Got some good advise when my parents where looking at fireplace inserts, A. Stanton helped us make the right decision on selecting Pacific Energy, they love it.

2) That everyone needs a Stihl MS361, so I bought one, then learned that a 20" bar and chain balances them out perfectly.

seriously, I just enjoy hanging out here !!!!

where to start

Wow this place is like school!!! always new lessons and advice! But my favorite advice is... spend the extra money on the good quality tools you cheap a$$! and WEAR PPE your family needs you to keep the fire stoked!

1st thing is all the chainsaw stuff, proper maint., chain sharpening chain, replacing piston ring, etc.
2nd thing that I am not the only person who likes drinking beer, and cutting, splitting and burning firewood.

wear your chaps, i never gave it a thought before i came here. this year i chainsawed upper thigh real close to my middle leg :jawdrop: chaps saved me not even a mark. hard to pick a second one ive learned so much here this is a great site.

Last edited:
I've learned that Chain Saws aren't just for cutting wood any more!

I've learned that Chain Saws aren't just for cutting wood any more! What else could be done with one?

C
hainsaw Addiction Disorder can happen to anyone at any time! It's very contagious. Leave now before it hits you! If you're reading this it's probably too late!

Helping others is the best cure for any ailment! :chainsaw: No matter how bad things are there are those who are worse off!

Dan

Last edited:
Well besides all the advise and wisdom I learned about installing a OWB I also found out I need to spend a lot more money on all the cool stuff I don't have yet but need. Like a new chainsaw, bucket for my kubota, splitter, wood shed, etc,etc,etc,.

This will be my first post have done a lot of reading the forums.

1 I learned I can read till my eyes bleed about OWB`s

2 There are some very smart people with a world of knowledge on these forums.

3 Thanks to all who contribute with great information. :cheers: :cheers:

This will be my first post have done a lot of reading the forums.

1 I learned I can read till my eyes bleed about OWB`s

2 There are some very smart people with a world of knowledge on these forums.

3 Thanks to all who contribute with great information. :cheers: :cheers:

Great first post!:cheers:

I have learned that my wife is WRONG,I'm not crazy because I stop and drool at fallen trees.

plus so much more I cant even begin to list them or thank all of you.

Latest posts

Back