What are the two most important things you leaned here

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A lot of good points already mentioned. The two things I would add are

1. do not to rush or hurry when it comes to cutting/splitting/stacking. I used to worry about how long it took to finish. Now I realize that the minute I finish one pile of wood I'm looking for the next so I will never be "finished" anyway. I feel it's safer and more enjoyable to work at my leisure.

2. Always keep at least 1 year ahead on your wood supply!

A lot of good points already mentioned. The two things I would add are

1. do not to rush or hurry when it comes to cutting/splitting/stacking. I used to worry about how long it took to finish. Now I realize that the minute I finish one pile of wood I'm looking for the next so I will never be "finished" anyway. I feel it's safer and more enjoyable to work at my leisure.

2. Always keep at least 1 year ahead on your wood supply!

#2 is a good one to live by
:cheers:

Wtf?

1. I have to admit, I do not know what an OWB is...?<BR>
<BR>
2. I also found out that I am not crazy!:dizzy: <BR>
There are other people who dream about the next time they can grab there saws and go cut wood! I thought I needed a 12 step program, because I love to ride and shoot, but I also love to cut round after round, am I sick!?:chainsaw: <BR>
PS, I want my wife, I'm not a perv! Just to clear that up?:monkey:

Last edited:
A lot of good posts so far, but for me I learned something a little more personal from hanging out here.
Dont take everyone and everything so serious.
At first when I first started posting I took everything literally, and often left the keyboard in a huff from what I perceived as a barbed remark about something that I posted.
As I watched the posts flow, I began to realize that simple text doesnt always convey the true feeling behind the words, and what I took as offensive was nothing more than an attempt at humor at my situation.

Once I realized this, posting and reading become more enjoyable for me, and I began to laugh at myself right along with the good natured jabs.
thanks guys for restoring my sense of humor.

OWB= Outdoor Wood Burner

1. I have to admit, I do not know what an OWB is...?

OWB= Outdoor Wood Burner
CAD= Chainsaw Addiction Disorder
Jred= Jonsered
Husky= Husqvarna
MAC= McCulloch

These shortcut terms (for lack of a better word) should be listed in a sticky!

Dan :chainsaw:

I learned that the MS361 was the saw for me to buy... and no, it wasn't because it cures cancer. I wanted a saw that was quality and one that would last me the rest of my days on this tree infested planet.

I learned the importance of always wearing chaps, especially with using the bad a$$ 361..

So yeah..

THANKS ARBORISTS SITE!

truely a wealth of information here!

:greenchainsaw:

I've learned that;

1. America is filled with two legged termites that are hooked on wood. (my father was a master furniture maker and as a boy I was captivated by the curls of wood shavings from his hand planes)

2. About safety: Cover the teeth on your chainsaw bar when you go to bed so that you or your wife don't get cut when you turn over during the night.

Last edited:
OWB= Outdoor Wood Burner
CAD= Chainsaw Addiction Disorder
Jred= Jonsered
Husky= Husqvarna
MAC= McCulloch

These shortcut terms (for lack of a better word) should be listed in a sticky!

Dan :chainsaw:

Thank you for clearing that up Dan, I was feeling a bit sheepish!:blush: <BR>
<BR>
Geoff

1) I have learned that my wife is a caring and senistive individual that does not slap me when I stare at other people's wood piles and drool when driving down the road (usually waits until I have atleast stopped the vehicle ;-)).

2) I have learned that as happy as I am with a new Chainsaw, there is always room for one more.

3) I have learned that when you estimate how long your wood supply will last, to take a step back, divide your estimate by a factor of 2 and then get to work.

4) I have learned that after a hard days work on the wood pile and at the advice of my doctor, a cold beer eases aches and improves ones sense of accomplishment.

I am sure I could go on...

Tes

1. That the members of this site have a wealth of information to share.

2. After only being a member here for a few months, I now have CAD and have already purchased 2 more Huskys :dizzy:

What are the two most important things you learned here?

1. Terrible, even fatal, accidents can happen to the most experienced professionals, so...

2. Always wear PPE. All of it. Every time you run your saw.

As a result of reading numerous forums on this site, I now own two pair of chaps (one full wrap-around, the other front-only so I won't leave them in the truck in hot weather) and I use them.

I also learned to sharpen my own chains with a file. And, since arriving here I bought a 372XP and am planning for a 395 and Granberg Mill. :) Owning three saws no longer sounds like too many... heck, it doesn't even sound like "a lot" anymore! :hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts

Back