What are your thoughts on this vid?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have a little compassion for someone losing a part of the family. I couldn't find a vet on a dark night out in the sticks and had to put Ralph down myself after she had s stroke. It's tough duty.
What did men do in the old days before vets where everywhere? No reason to feel bad about it. When I have had to do it I have felt a sense of relief and I like dogs better than people in most cases.

Have a little compassion for someone losing a part of the family. I couldn't find a vet on a dark night out in the sticks and had to put Ralph down myself after she had s stroke. It's tough duty.
It is very tough.

I put my previous GSP down at home. It sucks, but I've decided that from now on it will be done at home. I've taken a lot of dogs to the vet over the years. Its easier on me, but the dog always hates the trip. I decided that after so many great years of hunting and/or companionship, the very least I can do is spare them that stress and just take care of it here at home. An older friend of mine has always done it that way and I'm extremely grateful he persuaded me to do the same. I know its not an option for everyone, but its comforting to know that she passed in a place where she was comfortable, without a care in the world instead of nervous and stressed in a place she didn't want to be.

80's
I put my previous GSP down at home. It sucks, but I've decided that from now on it will be done at home. I've taken a lot of dogs to the vet over the years. Its easier on me, but the dog always hates the trip. I decided that after so many great years of hunting and/or companionship, the very least I can do is spare them that stress and just take care of it here at home. An older friend of mine has always done it that way and I'm extremely grateful he persuaded me to do the same. I know its not an option for everyone, but its comforting to know that she passed in a place where she was comfortable, without a care in the world instead of nervous and stressed in a place she didn't want to be.
This is exactly why I do it at home by my own hand.

Agree. We always did it ourselves but the wife wanted a vet. I used a revolver, hand loads and a bullet I cast myself. Next morning we buried her in a corner and planted flowers over her.

I am very sorry for your loss. I have never had to put any of my pets down, my father always spared us of that. No that my father has gone home, that unfortunately now falls to me. I do not look forward to that day.

I have only had to shoot one dog thankfully. I have a hard enough time shooting cows.

Back