What are your thoughts on this vid?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish I had the money to do so. My only buddy in life, my doggie is gravely ill. I spent all day today trying to get a vet to see him but we are so short on vets here I could not get him in. If he makes it through the night at dawn tomorrow he is going in. That will blow my saw budget
Prayers for doggie.

Man's best friend, for sure. Like a person, only better.

Prayers for doggie.

Man's best friend, for sure. Like a person, only better.
I was up all night with him last night and will be again tonight. I am very pissed off at the vet clinic that we used for 20 years or more. They refused to see him Monday because I "personally" never had a dog there. My beautiful ex-wife always did. I reminded them of the thousands we spent there and the fact that they put the last two dogs down but they said NO! It has been 4 years since they put the last one down and I am not their client.

Wow. Vet services are rapidly becoming dismal here too. The old grizzled vets who knew all aspects of country vet work retired a few years ago. The youngsters that are at it now are not in the same league. Not even close.

Here's a tidbit: in Canada there are three corporations that are buying up all of the vet practices in the country, our local one included. One of those corporations is Mars. The candy company. It's all about profits now, and just like human medicine, it's all about selling drugs.

Also, it's about the illusion of kindness and gentleness. I bring my dog in there for his shots (which he's done with, btw. Never again) and it's like entering warm and fuzzy central. I'm a guy. In and out; done. That's why I go to a barber, not a hairdresser. I don't need any human psychology going on. I'd give the shots myself if I could still buy them myself..I'm just as good at that as they are. Maybe better.

Very nice people at our local vet facility, but underskilled and too squishy for me.

They have become exclusively a pet service business, which is where the money is. Their large animal skills are non-existent and their scheduling is similar to a dentist. Over-scheduled. Sit and wait. Almost no room for even emergencies.

Wow. Vet services are rapidly becoming dismal here too. The old grizzled vets who knew all aspects of country vet work retired a few years ago. The youngsters that are at it now are not in the same league. Not even close.

Here's a tidbit: in Canada there are three corporations that are buying up all of the vet practices in the country, our local one included. One of those corporations is Mars. The candy company. It's all about profits now, and just like human medicine, it's all about selling drugs.

Also, it's about the illusion of kindness and gentleness. I bring my dog in there for his shots (which he's done with, btw. Never again) and it's like entering warm and fuzzy central. I'm a guy. In and out; done. That's why I go to a barber, not a hairdresser. I don't need any human psychology going on. I'd give the shots myself if I could still buy them myself..I'm just as good at that as they are. Maybe better.

Very nice people at our local vet facility, but underskilled and too squishy for me.

They have become exclusively a pet service business, which is where the money is. Their large animal skills are non-existent and their scheduling is similar to a dentist. Over-scheduled. Sit and wait. Almost no room for even emergencies.
I have a lifetime of vet stories....many unbelievable but they happened. One was almost 40 years ago when Ralph was half way up his shoulder deep in a sow while laying on his back. He pulled 17 of the biggest damn dead pigs I had ever seen out of her. She kept fighting him(of course) and he kept yelling "your going to break my ar girl"

I tried.....out of stock............. so I bought a new Stihl MS260
Probably due to the Houlthi's and lack of container ships travelling the Suez. Supply chain economics, especially goods coming from China to us have been severely impacted plus the carg insurance has gone through the roof so the cost of imported goods from China has/will increase because the producers won't eat the increased cargo insurance cost, you will. Then you have the Panama Canal with restricted tonnage due to low water levels to boot. Only 2 avenues to get imported goods and both are compromised currently
. The only other route is around the Cape of Africa which is a lot longer, uses more fuel and takes 7-14 days extra.

As inventory gets depleted here, expect delays and increasing costs.

Everything from there comes via global shipping.

Probably due to the Houlthi's and lack of container ships travelling the Suez. Supply chain economics, especially goods coming from China to us have been severely impacted plus the carg insurance has gone through the roof so the cost of imported goods from China has/will increase because the producers won't eat the increased cargo insurance cost, you will. Then you have the Panama Canal with restricted tonnage due to low water levels to boot. Only 2 avenues to get imported goods and both are compromised currently
. The only other route is around the Cape of Africa which is a lot longer, uses more fuel and takes 7-14 days extra.

As inventory gets depleted here, expect delays and increasing costs.

Everything from there comes via global shipping.
The entire crap with the container ships sitting waiting to be unloaded several years ago was nuts. Once they were unload the ships would not wait to take loaded containers back to China with American products. They went back with empty containers

Back