What are your thoughts on this vid?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is what I think. The guy is dead wrong when he says the Husky 395 is no longer available. He needs to stop spreading BS rumors. I have bought (12) in the last 2 years and most recently not long ago. Hell the Stihl 660 and 260 are also still available as well as the 070
And also the 170. lol :cool: OT

I agree. My comments weren’t meant to push other saws. Only that they are discontinued and if he wants 395s, he should buy them now
If Bill wants more, then I would agree that he should get them while he can, no telling when they will actually be discontinued

No Disrespect intended, but I have been hearing the gloom and doom predictions of the 390XP, 395XP, and 3120XP being discontinued for at least the last 5 years.

All three are still in the current online catalog, so I don’t know if this will actually be the last catalog that they are available in for North America and Europe, or not

The prices on those, and many other saws, do have some drastic reductions, which might lead one to believe that they are trying to close out inventory, but the number of other models with similar price reductions is high enough to question that theory

Unfortunately, the Mfg’s rarely announce publicly, when they are discontinuing models, and all too often, we find that out, when we want to buy one, and they are NOLA😢

Moral of the story, if you know that you will want something, buy it while you can, if you can, you never know when it will be NOLA

Doug 😎

"What is this "Echo" never heard of it."......

"I'm surprised you never heard of them as they are real common saws around here, but then maybe where you are they aren't. Don't know what is sold in Oz, I'm here in the USA."

Some just can't get by without a laugh track or 53 emoji's per paragraph.

no offense intended

LMWAO

What brand(s) were those, do you know?

With Husky, the ultra low end “1” series saws, 120 130 135, don’t seem to have any dogs, but the “4” series home owner grade saws have a metal dawg on the crankcase side of the bar.

Doug 😎

Both the big guy's know how to make a saw that will last, they did it in the past but like almost everthing pride and quality got in the way of the almighty $- imo
Actually, I think that the Almighty Dollar got in the way of Pride and Quality 😉

Planned Obsolescence has become the current business model, to keep sales up. A Lot of products could be produced to last much longer, but that would reduce sales

Doug 😎

At my age, I long ago realized that everything and anything mechanical eventually wears out no matter how 'good you take care of it', Just the way it is and always will be.

Even humans wear out last time I checked.

Actually, I think that the Almighty Dollar got in the way of Pride and Quality 😉

Planned Obsolescence has become the current business model, to keep sales up. A Lot of products could be produced to last much longer, but that would reduce sales

Doug 😎
Well you kinda new what I was getting at- only half way through my first wake-up coffee:)

"What is this "Echo" never heard of it."......

"I'm surprised you never heard of them as they are real common saws around here, but then maybe where you are they aren't. Don't know what is sold in Oz, I'm here in the USA."

Some just can't get by without a laugh track or 53 emoji's per paragraph.

no offense intended

LMWAO
I should have been more specific heard of em but never seen one or know anyone who owns one don't know anything about them.

I don't run saws for work anymore. I only cut my personal firewood through winter here I go through about a tonne a week..
I don't even consider that as running a saw it's such little work compared to the hrs I used to do running a saw. I'll never wear a saw out nowadays my saws spend more time collecting dust than in use lol

I’m guessing that they won’t ship them to the US, Canada or Europe, but they are still producing them

By “Bootlegging” I am assuming that he is referring to buying them from an out of country vendor, like Robinwood, here on AS, he will sell and ship them to the US, and other places, where an authorized dealer can’t get/sell them

Robinwood has sold Many unavailable (Here) saws to many members, and I have read Many Great referrals about his reliability as a seller. It’s an option for those that want a specific saw, that is no longer offered where they live

Doug 😎
Yes he is a great guy but mine come from a US dealer.

Looks like Bill should stock up on a few more leftovers soon.
I wish I had the money to do so. My only buddy in life, my doggie is gravely ill. I spent all day today trying to get a vet to see him but we are so short on vets here I could not get him in. If he makes it through the night at dawn tomorrow he is going in. That will blow my saw budget

I agree. My comments weren’t meant to push other saws. Only that they are discontinued and if he wants 395s, he should buy them now
I am a equal opportunity user. I have every single brand out there. The "bootlegging" thing caught me off guard a bit as that indicates illegal activity. The only illegal activity involving saws was when I was cutting and burning around a field and had to leave to go feed cows. I left a Stihl 440 and all my equipment there as I would be back in 90 minutes. While I was gone the SOB meth head neighbor kid went in the field and stole my 440. That sheet is illegal ! One week later I chased him down on the four wheeler and rammed him enough he stopped. We had a "chat". He ended up in jail on other theft charges but I never got my saw back.

If Bill wants more, then I would agree that he should get them while he can, no telling when they will actually be discontinued

No Disrespect intended, but I have been hearing the gloom and doom predictions of the 390XP, 395XP, and 3120XP being discontinued for at least the last 5 years.

All three are still in the current online catalog, so I don’t know if this will actually be the last catalog that they are available in for North America and Europe, or not

The prices on those, and many other saws, do have some drastic reductions, which might lead one to believe that they are trying to close out inventory, but the number of other models with similar price reductions is high enough to question that theory

Unfortunately, the Mfg’s rarely announce publicly, when they are discontinuing models, and all too often, we find that out, when we want to buy one, and they are NOLA😢

Moral of the story, if you know that you will want something, buy it while you can, if you can, you never know when it will be NOLA

Doug 😎
Just think the late John Lambert "GypoLogger" "Sunlover" never kept a NOS Stihl 090AV for himself.

Back