What best describes the nature of your business?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nickrosis

Manned by Boderators
Reaction score
What best describes the nature of your business?

Agriculture, forestry, fishing
Construction, reconstruction or repair
Education (private school, private college, day care, etc.)
Entertainment
Federal agency
Financial (banking, investment, real estate, insurance, etc.)
Health care (private hospital, nursing home, clinic, etc.)
Manufacturing or processing of a product
Mining, including surface mining
Private utility (electric, gas, telephone, etc.)
Professional (legal, accounting, engineering, information technology, management, research, association, etc.)
Retail trade
Religious or church supported, or other charitable or nonprofit organization
State or local government (public education, hospitals, water and sewer districts, transportation systems, etc.)
Service (lodging, security, janitorial, etc.)
Transportation
U.S. Postal Service
Wholesale trade

How would you answer this question? I ponder this everytime I encounter a form like this. This happened to be one of the prerequisites you must agree to/fill out in order to print Workplace Posters from the Department of Labor.

Nickrosis

Well lets see You could choose Several like Construction because Most of us have atleast damaged a gutter and had to repair it. Or Education Because we always try to educate our customers. Or Entertainment because I know just today i had 5 people observing us taking trees down.Or Proffesional because there is sometimes Serious Engineering Involved in rigging. Or Service because i know I attempt to Serve the customer by Doing a final policing or the Area worked in to get the last Over looked stick. Or Charitable Because I feel that way when i do a job for a senoir Citizen That has a Hazard and cant afford the regular price. Or you could just Fill in at the bottom of the form Like i do TREE SERVICE. :D

If they are just trolling for demographic info, I ignor it. If it is part of the contract to recieve free stuff that I want, it is usualy "Other-arboriculture".

I always had some difficulty with answering that question, but that was because, while doing tree work on the side, I had many other odd jobs as well.

Now, I tell people I am a professional arborist, and a good half of them ask, "What do you do?" I then explain what I can do for them, and often times it leads to some type of work.

As for checking the box on the form? It is usually the, "Other" one.

I love being an intriguing tree guy. Nothing better. Get people to ask all kinds of questions. Then we can use our knowledge to help them the best way we can.

Gopher

Latest posts

Back