What box to check?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nickrosis

Manned by Boderators
Reaction score
How do you classify your business when they ask you to check the box?

<li>Natural Resources (Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing, Mining) <li>Consulting & Nonmedical Prof. Svcs.
<li>Construction, Transportation, Utilities
<li>Communication (Publishing, Broadcasting, Advertising
<li>Manufacturing
<li>Information Technology Services
<li>Wholesaler/Distributor
<li>Entertainment/Hospitality/Food Service
<li>Retail Trade
<li>Healthcare (Hospitals, Medical Practices, Nursing Homes, etc.)
<li>Financial Services, Insurance, TPAs, Real Estate
<li>Public Sector (Federal/State/Local)
<li>Education, Non-Profits, Trade Unions, Associations
<li>Other (please specify)

I usually say Forestry or Construction. :confused:

Who's Askin'?

Who made the list? Can you tell em to add or change a category to fit?

I'd answer #2, "Consulting and non-medical professional service". Even when most of my time was spent on hands-on maintenance work, it's so far from Forestry that it'd be misleading to call it that. Arboriculture is a professional service, tree doctoring, whether or not you consider it medical. Focusing on removal/harvesting/urban logging is more like Forestry.

Not that I want to open THAT debate again...:D

First thing you gotta do with a tree is figure out what to do with it, and that involves consulting. Whether that is acknowledged or billed separately or not, it's still the starting point, right?

But of course. :cool:

Professional in a good way, right? No more than 6 years in post secondary education! My bro will be hitting med school soon....that's a long haul. I might go back for a PhD in a couple of years. It's all pretty easy - go to work, go to class afterwards. Collect degree. :D

Probably Financial services since my checking acct seems to just be a Funnel anymore.

:D

Cost cutting time! Yeah, you could easily spend more time doing everything BUT tree care - finances, vehicle/equipment repair, you name it.

Latest posts

Back