What do you do when you get in from work?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you do whan you get in from work? (multi choice)

• Drink beer

Votes: 31 34.8%
  • Drink wine

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Drink a cocktail

Votes: 9 10.1%
  • Smoke something

Votes: 7 7.9%
  • Soak in hot tub

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Watch TV

Votes: 10 11.2%
  • Eat something

Votes: 32 36.0%
  • Work on the saws

Votes: 22 24.7%
  • Log on to AS

Votes: 47 52.8%
  • Pass out

Votes: 10 11.2%

• Total voters

windthrown

361 Junkie
Reaction score
OK, its been a while since Winthrown took a poll (ooooh, better not say that in a San Francisco bar, eh?) so here goes: What do you do when you get in from working at the saw shop, or cutting trees, or pruning, or whatever it is that you do?

Me, I usually grab a cold one, and sit in the hot tub. I could not fall many trees without a hot tub. Then the girlfriend will let the dog out and she will go get her favorite soccer ball and beg me to throw it to her, and after a few tosses that usually ends my hot tub session (well, that and wanting a second beer). Milo my cat will also usually come out and take a sip of my beer as well. Ahhhhhh... beer. Milo is no dumb cat. :biggrinbounce2:

Your Girl friend realy digs the soccer ball huh:blob2:

She heard that! And laughed at it... :biggrinbounce2:

The she in the story of course, is the dog... half rot, half retriever. Plays tennis too. Has over 100 tennis balls scattered on this property.

Man, this thread has had some good replies! :cheers: <sip>

Yeah, well you owe me some windex and a roll of paper towels for the mess I made all over the puter.:hmm3grin2orange:

"Soak in a hot tub"

Is that not a gay thing to do? (Not that there is anything wrong with that),

Don't real men take showers? :biggrinbounce2:

That is the first thing I do!

Haven't had a bath in 20 years.

Guess I can't answer the pole!:sucks:

How appropriate that this is the next answer. Soak in a hot tub! It sits in my driveway for now. I come home pretty stiff and cold this time of year (I'm old now) and that tub is the best thing ever. I pack the radio out and listen to programs on the satellite stations and warm up. This spring, I sat in the thing with jets going for an hour to recover from packing the 032, fuel, oil and assorted gear a couple of miles opening up trails. What bliss!! Ibuprofen use dropped massively after getting the thing. I wish I had gotten it earlier.

Hmmm, your choices seem limited to the selfish lifestyle. Nothing about pick up the kids, make sure homework is done, put out the dogs, feed the dogs, start dinner, sort throught the mail, return phone calls and the list goes on.......:sucks: :hmm3grin2orange:

Hmmm, your choices seem limited to the selfish lifestyle. Nothing about pick up the kids, make sure homework is done, put out the dogs, feed the dogs, start dinner, sort throught the mail, return phone calls and the list goes on.......:sucks: :hmm3grin2orange:
Yeah my list is all of the above with the exception of letting the dogs out. My dog is always outside.

Grind chains, pour gas and oil, fill the water bottle, check the oil in the pick-up, wash filters. If I need I make up chain, or fix a tip, straighten a bent bar or work on someone elses saws.
Then I pass out before the family gets home.

"Soak in a hot tub"

Is that not a gay thing to do? (Not that there is anything wrong with that),

Don't real men take showers? :biggrinbounce2:

That is the first thing I do!

Haven't had a bath in 20 years.

Guess I can't answer the pole!:sucks:
A gay thing? Love soakin in a hot tub with my wife leads to a happy life.

ditto!
No dogs till this afternoon (long story, gonna babysit a pooch for 2 1/2 mos for bud who's off to Mexico, very smart shepherd/blue healer X biatch, great doggy), but this poll 'assumes' work stops at some point :D Kids, food, laundry, stove/firewood, dishes, homework, stories, saws clean & sharp, fix up something broken, mail, bills, play, laugh, enjoy life, read a bit then some sleep, stoke fire, some more sleep, repeat daily.... nearing 2 years doin' the 'single dad' thing, its becoming a blur and not much down time per se, log on here during lulls when I need a laugh and a break :) I have gained a new respect for my parents too. Hey, minor de ja vu, we've been here before lol.
Thanks, thats me vent for da day! :greenchainsaw: :cheers:

:cheers:

Serge

Latest posts

Back