What do you pay your workers?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It all depends on where you live. Cost of living is more or less here or there. If they are better then average and you wanna keep then you better pay them better then average. When I do big jobs and it all goes good I give the guys working for me a couple extra bucks. Just remember these guys make you money. I often tell employees the harder they work and the more they do that makes me more money puts more money in there own pockets.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I like this plan. I worked for a company doing residential work and he paid me commission. I loved this cuz I could make $1000/wk or more as a groundsmen. Other lazy guys liked the freedom (work your own hours, within reason) but hated the pay because they slacked off and would olny bring in like $300-$400/week. It was a great system. The pay would wean off crappy workers and good workers would thrive. And quality wasn't sacrificed either. If we got a complaint, then we had to come back and fix it for free. It motivated you to work hard, fast, and do a good job. The harder I worked, the more money I made, the more money the company made. All around, a good system

Back