What do you remove snow with.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use a Allis Chalmers 1949 WD , with Snap Coupler back blade . Need it to get to the wood pile.

TEDMI.

100_0042.jpg

Got any pics of that coupler. I been runnin an old Allis CA the last month or so around the house, and man it would be nice if it had a 3 point.

I typically use a 9hp Simplicity walk-behind until the barn roof sheds and I have to move piles. Then I use this.

attachment.php

I use a 1950 8n with 6' blade, a Ford 7700 with 8' blade, but last number of years, I just been using the Wheel Horse 520H with 44" blower. It seems to handle just about everything. I do use chains on it also, weren't on it for this older photo.:)

DCP00240.jpg

House2004232.jpg

House2004234.jpg

Gregg,

I got a deal on the 5 footer on craigslist that I could not refuse, I'd rather have a 6 footer.

I also have chains on the rears now to get back and forth from the woodpile. :chainsaw:

Chains would be such a nice upgrade for me! One big advantage to the five footer, you can swivel 360 degrees without removing it!

1947 John Deere M with original snow blade on front.

Best snow mover I own.

Either a new Simplicity blower or an old 2 wheel Gravely with a 48" plow. The Gravely and plow is a great unit, well balanced and fun to run.

We run a 10' blade on the loader arms and an 8' blower on the 3pt. I used to have a pic o the blower in action but it must have gotten lost with alot of other pics when the computer crashed :cry:

IH 856 with an Elwood four wheel drive. We rebuilt the front end a couple years ago, took about 6 months to round up all the parts. We ended up having some of the parts coustom built as it turned out this particular modle front end is one of 10 that elwood produced so parts are almost non existent :censored: We plow 1/2 mile camp road to get to the nearest paved road, used to use a pick up but the tractor dose the job alot better.

100_0640.jpg

When the snow banks get to big (or I just want to play :greenchainsaw:) I fire up my old 440 and push everything back. Crawlers in the snow are a great time :cheers:

JohnDeere440007.jpg

I just acquired an old 6' snow plow and welded it to a plate for our skid steer, I take pictures when I'm home, haven't had a chance to use it yet, looks like a possibility later this week though!

When the snow banks get to big (or I just want to play :greenchainsaw:) I fire up my old 440 and push everything back. Crawlers in the snow are a great time :cheers:

JohnDeere440007.jpg

Does that crawler have a 2 cylinder Detroit Diesel in it? There is an abandoned crawler very similar to yours at my friend's family acreage. It's a neat machine but by now someone has probably stolen it for scrap. Last time I was there was probably five years ago.

Farmall Guy- That is a superb lookin 856!! wow.
I couldnt find any pics of me pushing snow but iam sure ill get some for this year. Here is what we use. IH656 hydro utility with a ugly freeman loader that does the job.

100_1719.JPG

Caitlin_Josh_flowers%20009.jpg

For all of the big spaces I use the 1963 MF202. Then I use the Snapper snowblower for all the little paths around the house.

Normally I have a backhoe hanging off of the back of the tractor...makes a nice 2000 lb counterweight.

PA170121-1-1.jpg

Here's my wood wagon/snow pusher

Here's my wood wagon/snow pusher. 1985 Dodge 1 TON Sno-Camander with a 360 under the hood connected to a 4 speed manual. I don't have any trouble emptying the gas tank.:dizzy::cry:

Dan

attachment.php

Since my '55 Ferguson needs a new head gasket (I have it, just no time to learn how to install it...)...

I don't :)

Shovel a path to the Ranger, engage 4wd. Left a 1/5th cord of green wood in the back this weekend, the weight makes it go real nice up and down the 500' driveway.

My cousin will hit the end of my driveway where the plows pile up the snow from the state highway usually, which is my only real tough spot. But I manage if he doesn't come by with the plow. The rest of my driveway I prefer not having him do it since I have a grass strip in the middle that gets torn up when you put the blade down.

Back