What do you remove snow with.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
'00 GMC 3500 7.4L with a 8ft fisher minute mount

0112091213a.jpg

0112091214a.jpg

Anything the GMC can't handle the JD350 takes care of. I mainly use it for pushin banks up for more room when things start to get tight.

DSCF0004-11.jpg

Thanks, I lucked out and got this one cheap for $6000 with a vemeer bail lifter. The tires are in good shape, the engine runs like a champ but the hour meter is broke at 9200 some hours. It starts good in the cold and sounds great so I guess I won't worry about all the hours.

You got lucky then, most 20 series Deeres I've known don't start worth a darn in the cold.

Kyle

You got lucky then, most 20 series Deeres I've known don't start worth a darn in the cold.

Kyle
Yeah, I know a guy with a 4000 and it starts hard even in the summer. I've been plugging mine in for two hours when it's cold and starting it ok without ether.

Thanks, I lucked out and got this one cheap for $6000 with a vemeer bail lifter. The tires are in good shape, the engine runs like a champ but the hour meter is broke at 9200 some hours. It starts good in the cold and sounds great so I guess I won't worry about all the hours.

9,000+ hrs. is no problem. Like you said as long as it starts OK and runs good.
I really like those 20 series. Thanks for posting the pics.

The best setup, 8' wide fully hydraulic blade on the front, 8' wide fully hydraulic broom on the back with poly/wire brushes, XM Radio, Cruise Control, ice chains on all 4, top and tilt kit, cooler full of adult beverages. Big snow in front of you.

The best setup, 8' wide fully hydraulic blade on the front, 8' wide fully hydraulic broom on the back with poly/wire brushes, XM Radio, Cruise Control, ice chains on all 4, top and tilt kit, cooler full of adult beverages. Big snow in front of you.

sounds like you enjoy it.

LOL!!!

Most folks in your neck of the woods probably were ringing your phone off the hook a week ago! LOL!!

Nice set up!!

But I gotta ask.
What's the brush for?

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

When you run the broom behind the plow the road is as clean as if it never snowed. Our problem here is the big altitude change from the top of the mountain to the bottom, so the broom makes it super clean for travel with out road melt (salt). Once we get over 16-inches of snow I change tractors to get the drifts cleaned out (see attached picture).

I like the first three or four snows of the season, after that its just work to make it to the bottom of the mountain. Evening time is fun with the cooler but mornings suck, get up early, the usual crap, wife has to go to work while I stay here working the farm.

Looks like you have several divider valves on the back of your machine. I wish to run 3 rear remotes off the loader controls for my rear mount blower on my L4240. I have run long lines from the front loader control lift cylinder and aux. lines. I am having difficulty using my curl valve because it is regenerative. So I am looking to add another remote to the rear that has an electric valve. So how are your valves setup and do you have any advise? I do have a rear remote that is currently running the 3rd function on the blower but I don't find it ergonomic for hours of blowing.

New Holland 2320. 45 HP 4WD.
We've gotten killed with Feb. snowfal total of 73"+. Gotten stuck many times, but used the bucket to pull or push me around.
The lawn is gonna be wrecked whenever I can finally see it. Going to get chains for it this coming week.
IMG_4715.jpg

CUCV:

I have a bunch of valves hanging off the back of the Kubota, two are for the top and tilt kit and the third is an open valve which I use to angle the plow and angle the broom using a Northern Hydraulic manual diverter valve (see attached picture). This works well for me since I do not change the angle of the broom until I park it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back