What do you remove snow with.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes they did. There is about every variation of the FC150/FC170 that you can think of, and several you probably have never thought of. To keep it on topic and relevant, hows these?:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Too cool!

it ended up snowing an inch or 2 and oley did a little plowing... no pictures...

For those of you who have unfrozen or stone driveways. I found this idea for font end loaders over on tractorbynet forums. I took a 3" black ABS pipe and cut through one side on the table saw. Just force the pipe over the cutting edge of the loader. This has worked very well with just skiming over the stones and dirt drive. It has last longer than I thought it would. I have done 6 200' drives the past 4 snow falls and is still useable. Don't back drag it will come right of but pushing and dumping it stays on. I hear it works well on back blades too.

For those of you who have unfrozen or stone driveways. I found this idea for font end loaders over on tractorbynet forums. I took a 3" black ABS pipe and cut through one side on the table saw. Just force the pipe over the cutting edge of the loader. This has worked very well with just skiming over the stones and dirt drive. It has last longer than I thought it would. I have done 6 200' drives the past 4 snow falls and is still useable. Don't back drag it will come right of but pushing and dumping it stays on. I hear it works well on back blades too.

Curling the bucket all the way back and setting it to "float" works too. I am always amazed at the amount of damage some plow operators cause.

Curling the bucket all the way back and setting it to "float" works too. I am always amazed at the amount of damage some plow operators cause.

I have a gravel driveway, 2000feet and just adjust the plow a little, once there are some packed snow track the skids just ride along but i can just adjust when needed and dig up very little rock. Customers with gravel are amazed at how i don't destroy it like all the other plowers.... we would have to rake rock back in all summer after they drop and go 30mph up and down.... only problem this year is there aint #### for snow. :cry:

I have a gravel driveway, 2000feet and just adjust the plow a little, once there are some packed snow track the skids just ride along but i can just adjust when needed and dig up very little rock. Customers with gravel are amazed at how i don't destroy it like all the other plowers.... we would have to rake rock back in all summer after they drop and go 30mph up and down.... only problem this year is there aint #### for snow. :cry:

The no snow thing is my fault. Because I bought a plow truck this year and dont have to slave out in the elements. It only figures we would get little to no snow!

here is how i push snow, had a NH skidsteer but traded up, it works good, we have a long drive, little more than a 1/4 mile

Listed in order from favorite to least favorite:

-Case 7130 4wd Tractor w/ blade and front loader (used this quite a bit this winter for drift bustin)
-Case 60xt skid loader
-Honda 300ex 4wd
-And of course, the epa-approved snow shovel

Listed in order from favorite to least favorite:

-Case 7130 4wd Tractor w/ blade and front loader (used this quite a bit this winter for drift bustin)
-Case 60xt skid loader
-Honda 300ex 4wd
-And of course, the epa-approved snow shovel

Man I'd love to have a Magnum here, but I sure can't justify 140+HP on 80 acres. If you've got pics or videos, post them here!

Man I'd love to have a Magnum here, but I sure can't justify 140+HP on 80 acres. If you've got pics or videos, post them here!

Well, technically speaking, there not mine, the father in law owns them. Farms +/- 2000 acres of row crops so I can pretty much use what i need.

Its one of the "babies" of the bunch.

As far as pics, I'll have to hunt down a computer with a high speed connection, but I will try to get some up in the next few days. Dial-up is sooooo slow.

I built a quick tach for this 6' blade, works great on the bobcat. Most of the time I use the blade unless it's really deep (twice so far this year), then I'll get the blower out.
attachment.php

attachment.php

How about an old jeep.
attachment.php

Thats a nice old Jeep.. Like to get my hands on one of those..

For snow removal I bought the Wife I nice new shovel for X-mas and I mean nice!!

YEah I wish..

I'm using a 12HP - 30" MTD blower and for the light stuff Arctic Cat 400 with 5' blade

acrtic.jpg

arctic2.jpg

I use my 4020.
attachment.php

attachment.php

That is a very pretty 4020 you have there. Looked at one 10 years ago a guy had for sale for $6,000. It was in semi-running condition. Wish I had it now. I appreciate the older tractors more and more.

Looks like you're in the middle of a restoration. Very nice job. How many total hours on the machine? Did you rebuild the motor?

Got some rep. coming your way.

That is a very pretty 4020 you have there. Looked at one 10 years ago a guy had for sale for $6,000. It was in semi-running condition. Wish I had it now. I appreciate the older tractors more and more.

Looks like you're in the middle of a restoration. Very nice job. How many total hours on the machine? Did you rebuild the motor?

Got some rep. coming your way.

Thanks, I lucked out and got this one cheap for $6000 with a vemeer bail lifter. The tires are in good shape, the engine runs like a champ but the hour meter is broke at 9200 some hours. It starts good in the cold and sounds great so I guess I won't worry about all the hours.

Back