What do you remove snow with.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have used this wonderfully for 13 years and it surprises alot. Have only got it stuck once and it took an 80hp tractor to get it out.... oh by the way, all homemade plow with hyrdaulic lift. Happy New Year, Marc

JD 345 Garden tractor with 4' plow (20HP) tire chains and 4 suitcase weights. Also have 11HP28" JD 2 stage snow blower with headlight and heated grips. Last but not least, 1 Ames snow shovel with "backsaver" handle.

Here is what I use to do the neighborhood.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Jeep Cherokee - Snow Plow and Log Roller

I have a 1997 Jeep Cherokee with a Warn Winch 6000 lbs pull on the front. I use the winch to raise and lower the snow plow blade. The setup works great and also is very good at moving logs around to get them in position for cutting.
When the snow gets deep I add tire chains to all 4 wheels.
I manually adjust the blade angle. I designed and welded up the plow myself and I have been using now for about 15 yrs.
I also use a Noma 11 hp 30" snow blower to clean up where I can't get with the plow.
attachment.php

attachment.php

FiremanMarc...your using hydraulics on your ATV, is that so you can get angle as well as lift? What are you running the hyd. pump with?

I have used this wonderfully for 13 years and it surprises alot. Have only got it stuck once and it took an 80hp tractor to get it out.... oh by the way, all homemade plow with hyrdaulic lift. Happy New Year, Marc

I'd like to see alot more details and specs on this! Looks like a very nice set-up! :cheers:

The hydraulic pump is off a wheelchair lift out of an Ambulette van, power up and gravity down. I had a winch for 3 years and it drove me nuts.. I am kinda spoiled since at work the blades are 12 and 13 feet. The plow mounts up front like a truck plow, then the subframe unbolts with 2 bolts back by the footpegs. I increased the amp the stator puts out to handle it, before I just ran a car battery for it.. I need the chains on the front so it will turn, our barn driveway has quite a curve in it and the milkman don't like deep snow. I can get better pictures if someone wants.. I know my thumb gets tired after I am done with all the driveways: Happy New Year, Marc

We were just messing around with this setup the other day, 16' pusher on a skid steer.

Buddy of mine has a 12' on his. Heck, put some tracks on it and have at it!

Around here we would call that a nelligan, named after Bill Nelligan, who worked in the junkyard with me as a kid, he was famous for plowing the lot with our old Chevy with no brakes(just drop the plow!) I think the final count for hits was like 18, including the bosses truck, his own jeep and the old lady who sold sandwiches (hit her car not her)

Speaking of hits - after the 24" dump we got I was trying to do my wife a favor and tweak the snow from around her car and I hit my wife's 2006 highlander when I went to pivot. Busted the taillight lens cover into tiny pieces, funny, she didn't focus on my removing the snow, seemed to but focused on the smashed car....

Latest posts

Back