what do you see in this wood pile

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jmyers8@windstream. Net

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
A buddy is clearing a fence row and I got offered this truck load of wood for 200. Truck box is 12×7× about 5 ft so I'm guessing g around 2.5 cords. Just seeing what species you see in it if it's worth the price.

Attachments

• imagejpeg_0.jpg
    imagejpeg_0.jpg
    261.6 KB · Views: 197
Ok, I was thinking it was processed firewood, not logs. I'd say about 2 cords, maybe 2.5. Hard to tell in piles like that.

I get people come buy with a pickup load I'm sure they worked hard to get and get flat pissed off when I tell them it's x amount when they figure 3 or 4x that.

The few times I bought, I usually ended up over estimating a bit even.

Looks like cherry and some kind of piss elm to me. I'd let it sit on his truck for awhile and see how bad he wants to get rid of it.

Guy's, he's in Ohio and he said it was from a fence row. Pretty certain no birch. Look again at the ends of the 3 logs on the top of the pile to the passenger side of the truck, centers have a tinge of red/pink. Also, look at the bark towards the bottom of the logs, see how they are getting rough. Might be a stray maple in there at my 2nd glance also.

Looks like cherry and maple to me. I'd give $100 for it dumped at my place. Probably has some fencing in it as previously mentioned. Keep that in mind.

Hickory!!! Making me hungry lol. Love smoking with hickory

Latest posts

Back