What do you think of this for a business card?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuddhaKat

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I've got as far as this for a business card and fridge magnet. What do you think?

attachment.php

(Lo Res image for the web)

VistaPrint has a killer deal going on 4C Fridge magnets right now. 500 for $50.

not bad....i like it.

but, how much fire wood is sold in nevada? isn't it like always hot there?

It's good. It plainly calls out what the business is, where you can be contacted and that you deliver, that is all that needs to be stated. It makes them contact you to see what species you sell, the amount (rick, cord, face cord etc) I personally think you want that contact, it gives you a chance to sell your services. I like the clean uncluttered look.

I like it! Looks like it would get the job done. One of those cards I would hang on to just because it's cool. :clap:

not bad....i like it.

but, how much fire wood is sold in nevada? isn't it like always hot there?
I live in the Reno area, right on the Eastern slopes of the Sierra's. We get down into the single digits during the winter. We get plenty of snow.

We have winter and summer. Fall and spring last about 2 weeks.

I like it looks good!........is that the correct phone number? If ya have someone calling every 10 minutes with a yooper accent sending you all over reno pay no attention to them:)
No worries, eh. I'll talk to anyone, eh. We'd probably talk just fine, eh. But if you start saying it's aboot time we talked, eh, I'll know it's really Groundie calling from up north a ways and trying to impersonate you, eh. I'm pretty sure he's into identity theft, eh. ;)

Hmmm, looks like a gas fireplace. I doubt that would hurt business, though, and it's probably a pain to find a good photo of a wood fire. Good luck!

Jack

Some of my local building suppliers give out scale rulers, pencils, coffee mugs and so on to customers.

Its a bit more expensive but people tend to keep hold of them because they are usefull items in their own right.

Not quite sure thats applicable in your situation though, you would be the best person to judge that.

Better than the ones I see here which say firewood,topping and cutting trees,roofing,carpentry,electrical on one card lol. Your card is very clean has good appeal and if I was needing wood and lived in the area the phone would ring!

Some of my local building suppliers give out scale rulers, pencils, coffee mugs and so on to customers.

Its a bit more expensive but people tend to keep hold of them because they are usefull items in their own right.

Not quite sure thats applicable in your situation though, you would be the best person to judge that.
I'm just getting started in the firewood business, but I'm making the following assumptions:
  1. Customers will appreciate getting more wood than what they paid for, but will complain loudly if they think they're getting shorted by even the slightest amount.
  2. There is little customer loyalty. Meaning I have to work even harder for repeat business by providing a quality product at a fair price, backed by fast and friendly service.
  3. One bad piece can lose you a customer. Product quality is important.
  4. Ordering has to be as simple of a process as possible. People like convenience. It's up to me to provide that.
  5. Customers will forget who you are before you leave their driveway. Meaning I need to remember them and check with them periodically to see if they need more product.
  6. Marketing is critical for new business. I can't rely on word of mouth exclusively.
I think marketing is going to be the major factor for success. A memorable business card and an easy to remember name will help. I'm also hoping customers will put one of my fridge magnets up just because it's cool looking. I'm really banking on the magnets because I think everything else will get lost over time.

The other thing I think is important is the simple name of the business. Mike The Firewood Guy is about as easy to remember as I can get. www.thefirewoodguy.com was already taken so I went ahead and added my name.

Now to get busy building the website.

Whatever the case, I'm looking forward to being out in the woods.

Last edited:
Back