What does AV in the Model Number mean???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mswabbie

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I have two quick questions/
1. What does the designation AV mean in a model number?
2. What information is available to decipher a Stihl serial number?
Thank You In Advance

Av

Mr brushcutter,
Now being a new member of the medical profession I must warn you about the hazards of AV. This is a serious illness that has plagued many men, destroyed numerous homes, and last but not least, many a divorce. AV happens to all men from the mid teens all the way to the prime age of the 60's. What is AV. Simply put, when a bueatyfull woman wanders into your direction, AV simply takes over.Automated Visulation syndrone is the clinicle jargon for this anomoly. A striking two piece bikini will cause men to studder shake stumble and as serious as turning into a piece of gibbering human flesh. Their is some therapy available however this treatment is still in the testing stage. It has something to do with Roseann Barr walking by your car in a two piece swim suite followed by Whoppi Goldburg, then Hillary Clinton, Janet Reno Get the picture?

Last edited:
kenskip1@verizo said:
Mr brushcutter,
Now being a new member of the medical profession I must warn you about the hazards of AV. This is a serious illness that has plagued many men, destroyed numerous homes, and last but not least, many a divorce. AV happens to all men from the mid teens all the way to the prime age of the 60's. What is AV. Simply put, when a bueatyfull woman wanders into your direction, AV simply takes over.Automated Visulation syndrone is the clinicle jargon for this anomoly. A striking two piece bikini will cause men to studder shake stumble and as serious as turning into a piece of gibbering human flesh. Their is some therapy available however this treatment is still in the testing stage. It has something to do with Roseann Barr walking by your car in a two piece swim suite followed by Whoppi Goldburg, then Hillary Clinton, Janet Reno Get the picture?
LOL but back to the non-medical AV...it is anti-vibration. But if you want a really good saw...start looking for the AVE saws. This is Stihl lingo for the saws (older) with the anti-vib PLUS ELECTRONIC iginition. All motors have electronic ignition, but the ones so marked do not have points to clean or replace. So if you want a nice OLD Stihl with rudimentary anti-vibe and the original SOLID STATE ignition then buy an AVE.;)

They stopped using both the AV and E designations mentioned above at some point, probably when it didn't make a difference for marketing any more.....

They have since reintroduced the E, but with another meaning - I think it means Easy-to-Start by now (avoid it, if you doesn't really need it).

Back