What file holds up and puts on the edge

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use a little trough with tap magic in it, drag the file through every few teeth.

Seems to help files last longer.

In the field i crosscut a stump to get as much oil and grit of the chain before i start to file and it really do help allot to save the file !!
i use Vallorbe and Pferd for roundfiling but only Vallorbe for squarefiling.
Vallorbe and Pferd seems to hold up pretty much the same but i do prefer Vallorbe they don't seem to clog up as easy as Pferd in the field, at home the clogging isn't a problem cause i brush them for optimal use :)
And very important is to only push the file, no dragging as it kills them very quick !!!

Finch - I have only lived in Dike for 30 years, I don't qualify as being "from" Dike, it just happens to be where my home is...

From New Hartford you say? Some folks around here would not boast about that - sorry couldn't help myself.

SWE - Old timers call a guy that drags the file back a "shuffler" since he probably doesn't bother to pick up his feet when he walks, probably wears his shoes out too fast as well.

Mark

Back