What has your chipper eaten lately?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treeclimber165

Member A.K.A Skwerl
Reaction score
Today we were working at a small apartment complex, elevating oaks around the buildings. When I came out of a tree about 10:30, one of the groundies said he had lost the (plastic with wood handle) scoop shovel in the chipper! I asked how it happened, and he told me that a young woman in a veeeeery short skirt had pulled up to the next building and was bent over getting groceries out of the back seat! Next thing he knew, WHOOOOOSH!!! It got sucked right out of his hand!
We laughed about that all day, but the boss still told him he was buying us a replacement ($32 at The HD). He said the shot he saw was worth $100, so he's still $78 ahead! :laugh:

I lost an aluminum scoop shovel about a month ago, I've lost chunks out of them every once in a while with the chuck and duck chipper but this time it was really hungry and grabbed it out of my hand:p

Besides a Bow rake a few months ago Mine Almost Got to eat a Painter today. Can you believe The painter told the home owner they wouldnt interfere with us? We were removing 2 - 42" DBH oak about 4' from the front of the house. They were painting the Exterior :eek:
Well of course it didnt take long for them to realize that paint or no paint the freakin trees were coming out. And as every good painter does these 3 consumed a case of beer at lunch. about 12:30 the seemed to be ring leader demanded that we leave. Well lets just say that the home owner Told the painters not to return until she called them. They werent scheduled until Next week. the painters will then have to recoat the areas with the sawdust in them. :D

Dave, LOL! I have had to deal with roofers / painters before while chipping. I gotta give those guys credit, they went up on a roof that I would NEVER EVER go up on again. I was on this thing a few years back and it barely held my weight. These guys weighed a few pounds more than I do, and there were 2 of them... not 1 of me. I deal with a painter as a customer and we never have problems as far as co-existance goes.

A baby Mourning Dove, hidden in a spruce top, was seconds away from the ultimate experience yesterday. I started pulling against 85 horsepower, which didn't work, and also yelling at the top of my lungs, which did. Kyle reversed the wheel, and we ushered the little guy off.

Lost a poly tarp once; not all that exciting.:eek:

Latest posts

Back