what is a good rope for not binding with a blakes hitch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A lot of climbers using a Blakes are climbing old style ( no split tail ). When one end wears a bit, they swap ends. Heat damaged fibers are extreamly weak ( notice how easy they peel from their neighbors ? ). Do you really think it would be a good idea having that weak area on a lifeline ? It is impossible to tell where the heat damage ends just by looking at the fibers.

Rick

Yeah, I've seen some of those climbers. I don't know how they ever get anything done, I mean what with riding to work in a horse drawn buggy.

Tying your hitch with the tail of your climbing line wears out the tail of your climbing line forcing you to shorten your climbing line, it's better to buy a separate length of rope to make split tails from and save your climbing line for climbing.

Like I said before, when your split tail gets to the point that you can't tie your hitch burn it and make a new one. It'll get to that point long before it ever fails.

Yeah, I've seen some of those climbers. I don't know how they ever get anything done, I mean what with riding to work in a horse drawn buggy.

Tying your hitch with the tail of your climbing line wears out the tail of your climbing line forcing you to shorten your climbing line, it's better to buy a separate length of rope to make split tails from and save your climbing line for climbing.

Like I said before, when your split tail gets to the point that you can't tie your hitch burn it and make a new one. It'll get to that point long before it everfails.

Kinda condescending for someone who was just practicing climbing?

Latest posts

Back